23. Come With Me

A few days later~

Y/n's Pov

I woke up 30 minutes past my usual wake-up time. It was all because I slept late trying to watch a show with my mom last night.

I left the house as I drove to work. I quickly arrived at the office building and ran since I was about to be late.

As I sat down on my desk, I looked at the clock and saw that I had made it on time. I let out a massive sigh of relief while breathing extremely heavily.

Walking out of her office was Mina. She walked up to me, looking concerned.

"Y/n? Are you okay?!" She worriedly asked as she placed her hand on my arm.

"Y-Yes... I..." I struggled to speak as my breath was still weak.

"Y/n, don't speak for a moment. Breathe in and out." She said to me as she seemed genuinely worried.

After a few minutes, I seemed to calm down. She handed me a bottle of water that she grabbed from her office.

"Here have this." I took it from her and drank the water.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"As I was saying, I was out of breath because I was about to be late since I woke up late and had to prepare breakfast for my family," I told her as she nodded.

"It's okay if you're late, and I won't penalize you because of it." She said as I was surprised and taken aback.

"Really??" I was puzzled.

"Of course, I understand the circumstances in your family are complicated, so I want to take the stress off of you. So, if you ever do come late, just let me know." She smiled ever so softly at me as I couldn't help but adore her.

Why am I thinking this way? She loves someone else! What is wrong with me?...

"Thank you for being so kind and considerate." I warmly smiled at her.

She seemed unable to stop her smile as her face was becoming more red and red.

"Y/n..." She finally spoke after some time.

"In the next two days, I have to go to Hawaii for a few days," Mina said as I felt a bit hurt. Would this mean she would have to leave me?

"Would you like me to help keep watch of the company?" I kindly offered.

"Actually, no..." She replied slowly.

"I was wondering if you'd like to accompany me to Hawaii for the business trip." She suddenly asked as my eyes widened.

"Really?!" I accidentally shouted too loudly as I turned my head and saw some coworkers looking at me. I soon felt embarrassed.

"Sorry..." I turned my head back to Mina and apologized.

"It's okay. There is no need for an apology." Mina said.

"Well... I want to accompany you in Hawaii, but I have to watch my mom and take care of her." I said as I sighed. I can't leave my sister and my mom behind.

"If it's okay with you, I can hire a caretaker with all the household needed skills." Mina offered as I shook my head.

"I wouldn't want you to spend any money on my family..." I felt bad...

"Think of it as a boss' work requirement. It'll be a temporary caregiver, and it's just for the few days we are in Hawaii. How does that sound?" Mina tried to persuade me as I gave in to it and nodded.

"Okay..." I replied.

"Okay, then it's set!" Mina smiled before walking away.

Hawaii with Mina? Just the two of us? There is no way my feelings are going to go away anytime soon...

-

At home~

"Y/n!!!" Young-mi ran up to me and shouted my name.

"Hey!" I said to her as I smiled.

"Guess what I got from the store today." I proudly said, reaching something out of my bag.

"What is it?" Young-mi curiously asked.

"I got banana milk for the both of us!" I took it out, and her eyes widened with excitement.

"Here, take one." I handed her one, and she quickly grabbed it.

"Thanks! You are the best!" She hugged me before leaving.

I saw my mom on the couch watching TV.

"Hey, mom, how are you doing?" I asked her as she turned her head towards me.

"I'm doing okay, honey." She said as she smiled.

I know recently it's been hard for her, and she feels like she's been stuck at home all the time because of her wheelchair. I wish I could do something about that...

"I wanted to ask something from you." I suddenly said.

"Is it okay if I leave for a few days to go on a business trip to Hawaii? It's for my job." I told her as she seemed surprised.

"Hawaii? That sounds fun!" My mom seemed cheery to me.

"Of course, you can go! Enjoy yourself!" My mom was keen on the idea, but part of me felt terrible.

"But what about you and Young-mi? That means I'm leaving you both behind." I told her worriedly.

"Don't worry about us. We will be fine! Plus, you haven't had the chance to take a break from working since you started, so you deserve it!" My mom reassured me as I smiled.

"Thank you so much, mom. I love you!" I hugged her tightly.

I don't know what I'd do without her.

"I love you too, honey." She hugged me back tightly.

Wow, a Hawaii trip with Mina? Sounds like a dream come true...