8. Dinner Party

Saturday~

Y/n's Pov

"Mom! How does someone dress up?" I rushed to my mom's room as I laid out multiple outfits on her bed.

"Why, honey? Are you going on a date today?" She teased me as I looked at her, disgusted.

"Of course not! I have no plans to date anytime soon!" I told her as she acted upset.

"But then I won't have a daughter or son-in-law!" She sighed and acted dramatically.

"I'm sure you will live without having one." I chuckled.

"But can you please help me pick an outfit? I am going on a dinner celebration with my co-workers and I want to leave a good impression. But, I don't know what style to go for..." I told my mom as she wheeled her wheelchair closer to me.

"Y/n, this is exactly why you have to live a little. Feel free to break a bit of rules and go out drinking with people more often!" She suddenly said as I glanced away.

"It's not necessary if it doesn't make money. Anyways, drinking helps me lose money." I suddenly said.

"Not everything in life is about making money. Make sure to have fun meanwhile, too." She sighed as she went through my clothes and picked an outfit.

"How about this? I think this would look nice on you." She handed me an outfit. (Outfit of your choice)

"It looks great! Thanks, mom!" I smiled at her before quickly getting ready.

-

I arrived at the place and checked my hair one more time before heading inside. As I went inside, I spotted Jihyo, Nayeon, and Jeongyeon.

"Hey, guys!" I waved as they waved back.

"Wow, Y/n! You look amazing!" Jihyo suddenly said as I smiled.

"Thanks! I wasn't sure if I dressed for the right occasion." I giggled as they chuckled. I sat down in front of them.

"Well, you did!" Jeongyeon said.

"So Y/n tell us, how was your life like before working in Myoui entertainment?" Nayeon curiously asked.

Then the food arrived as Jihyo started cooking the meat. But they were still waiting for my response.

"It was okay... I didn't do much. After high school, I started working in a cafe, so I haven't had the college experience." I told them.

"You weren't missing out on much. College was too stressful," Jihyo said.

"Yeah, but you have to admit, the parties were fun!" Nayeon jumped in her seat in excitement.

"The parties were whatever..." Jeongyeon said.

"To you, that's because you got zero action during college." Nayeon stuck out her tongue as Jeongyeon was about to smack her arm.

But then suddenly, the door swung open quickly as I spotted... MS. MYOUI?? She was with two other girls. They were gorgeous...

"Guys! Ms. Myoui is here!!" Nayeon loudly whispered.

"Ugh, why now out of all times?!" Jeongyeon said in disgust.

"Just don't pay attention to her and hope she doesn't come over," Jihyo said as we all looked at the food.

"What a coincidence seeing you all here," Ms. Myoui said, not showing a slight smile.

"H-Hi Ms. Myoui." We all stood up and bowed.

"Do you mind if we join you all?" She placed her hand on the other side of my shoulder. I looked up at her and noticed she was staring at me.

Oh my goodness... I am feeling hella odd...

"S-Sure..." I glanced away. My co-workers sighed at my response.

"Perfect." Ms. Myoui pulled out the chair next to me and sat there. Out of all the available chairs, why next to mine?

"This is Sana and Momo." Ms. Myoui introduced us to them as they greeted us.

Sana walked over as she sat down next to me and clung to my arm. I jumped at her actions.

"Oh, I see. She is a cute one." She suddenly started flirting.

"Hey, why don't we talk in private? I'd love to get to know you better." Sana scanned my body as I glanced away from her, clearly uncomfortable.

"Would you please not talk to my employee like that?" Mina stood up and flicked Sana's forehead.

"Oww!" Sana pouted as she stood up from my side and sat next to Momo.

The atmosphere was utterly awkward ever since Ms. Myoui came. I didn't know if I should feel uncomfortable or not.

"H-Hey, shall we drink, Y/n?" Jihyo asked me. I could tell that she was trying to break the awkward atmosphere.

"Sure, why not." I smiled.

I offered her my glass as she poured soju into it, and I did the same for her.

"Ready? 1, 2, 3. Go!" She said before we both drank.

That was the first time I'd ever gone out drinking before. Was it a bad idea? Yes. Yes, it was.