Twenty Two

Y/n POV

Anxiously, I wait for my dad and my friends in the airport. Their flight got in a couple minutes ago so they won't be long now.

My dad runs up to me one are on his suitcase the other out for me to hug him.

"You've grown." He exclaims.

"Dad it's been like 6 months I haven't changed much." I tell him as he pulls me to a hug. As I pull away from the hug I see Carol standing behind him and Natasha a little behind Carol.

Carols bright blond hair glistening like usual. Natashas green eyes piercing into my soul.

It may seem like forever since the incident last summer happened but it felt fresh looking at her.

Next to hug me is Carol, happy tears streaming down our cheeks "I've missed you like crazy." I choke out.

"You've no idea how boring it is with out you... I love you." She rubs my back as she hugs me.

"I'm alone in this huge city i get it trust me and I love you too." She pulls away with a serious face.

"What do you mean you're alone, are you okay?" Carol asks, she's like my protector she'll do anything to make sure I'm happy and safe and she'll destroy anything that tries to jeopardise that... in a nice way though.

"Yes, yes I'm fine I've made friends it's just not like home... you know what I mean." She nods wiping the stray tears that rested on her cheeks.

My heart burns as I walk over to Natasha "Hey." I say barely above a whisper. Tears fall down the both of our cheeks, different tears to the ones Carol and I had just a moment ago.

"Hey." She whispers pulling me into a hug. I sigh, releasing all tension as her arms wrap around me.

"I've missed you." She says in a low tone.

"I've missed you too." Once the initial rush of emissions wear off, her touch makes me feel uncomfortable and the awkwardness I had been dreading starts to kick in.

I pull away quickly, her face looked confused by my action. Maybe she didn't feel the same awkwardness that i did or maybe she was choosing to ignore it.

"All of you get together I'm taking a picture." My dad says.

"Dad no, we look- I look a mess." I correct myself.

"I don't care, I'm getting a picture... now smile otherwise I'm not paying for food." Instantly the three of us huddle together with smiles on our faces.

"Y/n I don't know what you're so eager for, you've probably eaten." Carol jokes.

"Yeah breakfast, lunch and dinner and now I'd like some more food... do we have an issue?" I say sarcastically.

"Not one... let's eat."

We all laugh. "Okay so I can drive us wherever so take your pick."

"Mc Donald's?" My dad asks.

"You guys flew thousands of miles for food you can get at home?" I laugh at him.

"Yeah... and what about it." Carol jokes. Her and my dad high-five childishly. My friends love my dad he's the guy you call uncle even when you're not related to him.

He's also the guy you call when you get too drunk at a party no questions asked he will pick you up and he'll bring food.

My friend and I would spend summer in Ireland with him after the divorce so we made some friends there too.