Final (bonus chapter)

Y/N POV-

Six years later

"Good afternoon, everyone if you could turn your phones off, quieten down and face the front that'd be great," I smile as everyone complies.

"My name is Professor y/l/n and I will be your English Literature professor."

I know she'd be proud of me, she was always proud of me and so as I stand in front of my class in the grand lecture hall for the very first time I'm proud of myself too.

I begin to teach my lecture, making my way through the lesson, all I could seem to think about was how nervous I was compared to her. Everything she did was always so effortless, everything about her was so put together, well seemingly so at least. So, I stand at the front just hoping that nobody can see the nerves that spark inside of me.

I'd been so worried about this day. By all means, it's the most important day of my life, it's the job I've wanted for the longest time, it's something I'm good at, it's something I put hours of work into and slightly less important but still not to be forgotten it's the biggest "fuck you!" to my mother.

I start to conclude my lecture as students begin to pack their things away, hastily rushing off to whichever class they had next until the backdoors swing open, a latecomer I wasn't expecting.

Once my eyes meet hers my heart skips a beat. My breath catches in my throat.

"Thank you for all the hard work today, you're free to leave and I'll see you all tomorrow have a lovely evening," I conclude, still stunned by her presence.

Though the amount of nerves I'm already harbouring combined with the lack of a decent meal today it's difficult to tell if it's really her or just my imagination.

As students leave through the various exits, she walks down the stairs, front and centre, towards me. She stands in front of me as the doors finally swing shut and I can see her clearer than ever. Nothing's changed, my heart hammers in my chest at the familiar scent of her perfume. "I always knew you'd do well," she says so softly, as sweet and heart-warming as ever.

I place my hand over her chest just to make sure she's really here, content with the reality when I feel her heart beating in her chest against my palm. She holds my hand in place as she smiles at me proudly.

"How'd you know I was here?" I ask quietly.

"Safe to say I'd never imagined I'd see you standing in my space, your things in my office but I have to say you look far better up here than I ever did," she smiles.

I laugh through my tears, "Wanda."

"I love you, always and forever... I promised you," she sighs. She did promise me, she promised me six years ago and between then and now I've not seen her face or heard her voice once and yet I've thought about her every day.

"Why now, I've not seen you in six years, how'd you even know I was here?"

"Why and how really isn't important, I've missed you every single day."

"You left me and I know it wasn't your fault but you promised me if I needed you you'd be here. You didn't even so much as leave your new phone number let alone an address. Wanda, I did need you there were so many nights where I just needed to hear your voice and I couldn't. You were here but it's like you were gone and after a while, I didn't think you were ever coming back," I say breathlessly. 

"I never wanted to hurt you, God knows I've failed so many times with that one but y/n please."

My eyes tear up again as I look at her, how I'd hoped and prayed she'd show up on so many nights and she never did. She wasn't to know that I needed her but that will never change the fact that I did need her.