Twenty Four

Wanda's POV

Thanksgiving was coming to an end, Jane had left and now I was alone with Serena.

"You should smile, at least pretend you're happy." Serena teases.

"Why would I be happy?" I clench my jaw.

"Common she's basically a child Wanda get over it."

"She's not a child she's 21 now shut the fuck up." I shout.

"Watch your tone." She sneers.

"Serena please just give it up, this game is childish."

"What game? I don't know what game you're talking about." She plays dumb.

"Serena let me sign the papers, you hate me for what I did. You resent me why would you want to be married to me?" I shout.

"You hurt me and you want her, because she 'makes you happy' and I don't think it's fair that you get to hurt me and then be happy. Wanda that's not how the world works."

"I get that I hurt you, I know that and I feel awful but threatening me... really? Why sign the papers in the first place if you we're going to do this," I pause taking a deep breath "why threaten to tell her mother? Why not just tell the university and have me fired?" I question.

"Having you fired does nothing for me because you'll still get to have her." She rolls her eyes.

"Why go after y/n though I don't get it? I'm the one who hurt you."

"You and I both know how her mother is, one word of her daughters antics and she'll have that girl as far away from here as possible and there's nothing I'd love more but I'm not a monster so I'm offering a solution stay married to me, nobody loses their job and y/n can move on."

I Shake my head at her "you're crazy."

"You may not see it now but I'm actually doing you a favour." Serena says.

"Don't humour me, Serena you're delusional." I storm out the room locking myself in the bathroom.

Going over every possible way out of this. The issue is Serena has proof, she has pictures and I absolutely cannot let y/n's mother find out form Serena.

I will protect that girl at all costs, I'll lose my job for her I'll do anything to keep her happy and safe, including pretending to be with Serena.

Hence why I never signed the papers. I was about to do it but then she threatened me and she put me in an impossible situation but all of this has gone on two long.

It's killing me knowing how hurt y/n must feel but if hating me let's her move on then I'm okay with that.

The only thing left I can do is tell y/n's mother myself, quit my job and leave. Y/n shouldn't have to leave because of my mistakes and I'll make that very clear to her mother when I see her.

Once her mother knows and I quit my job Serena will have nothing on me and I can sign the papers.

All I have to do first is say goodbye.

—