Chapter Eleven

We were driving away in a minivan that screeched every minute. Dean wasn't having it.

"Dammit... Today couldn't get any worse," he mumbled to himself.

"Wanna listen to some music?" I asked as I reached for the radio.

"Sure..."

I turned the radio on and some cheesy love song started playing. It made me wanna laugh because of the reaction Dean had to it.

"Oh, God... You've got to be kidding me. I stand corrected," he grumbled.

I wheezed and turned the radio up.

"Actually, I like this song."

I started dancing to it and being as corny as possible. Dean was looking at me as if I were on crack.

"What are you doing? This is awful!"

I laughed and he turned the radio off.

"No, just no," he stated.

I laughed again and then we just sat there in silence.

"Well this is boring," I groaned.

He looked over at me and grinned.

"What?" I asked.

"I love it when you get like this," he stated.

"What way? Whiney?"

He rolled his eyes.

"Continue doing that and they'll get stuck there," I teased.

That must have got him, because next thing I knew, we were pulled over onto the side of the road with the car off.

"What are we doing?"

He turned around in his seat and looked at me.

"We're doing this. We're finishing what was happening earlier."

"Dean... You know what I said..."

He raised a brow.

"So you're just gonna make me want you and then turn me down?"

"That's not what I-"

"I'm just messing with you. I'll wait for you to be ready. I won't force you to do something you don't want to. I might be a douche but I'm not that level of douche."

I looked into his beautiful hazel eyes and realized how lucky I was to have come into the diner not too late. If I had done that, I never would have met this beautiful misunderstood hazel-eyed man and his brother.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" he asked.

"Just realizing how lucky I actually am."

He smiled with a tint of blush on his cheeks. I'll never understand how I have this effect on him. He has the same effect on me. He grabbed my cheek and rubbed it softly.

"I love you, Amelia. Did I ever tell you that?"

"You wouldn't have to. Just know that I feel the exact same way and always have."

He kissed the top of my head and then he started the car up again. It sounded awful. His smile dropped to a frown and he threw his head back.

"God, this is awful!"

I laughed a little and then we were on our way to Georgia.

We arrived at the border of Georgia and then I called Sam.

"This is Sam. Leave a message."

"Sam, hey. It's me, Amelia. Just wanted to call you and let you know that we're in Georgia. I wanted to ask you what city we needed to meet you in since I forgot to ask last time. Call me as soon as you get this."