The Endgame

"You'll get just one chance, to make it count!"

This is the day everyone was looking upto, the consummation of all our hardwork, the day when we would only want see us at the top, the Grand Finale.............

Everything was as smooth as heaven, I had taken the pill last night, I slept well, got up at the very right time and now, was waiting at the gallery......

We had St. Anthony High School up against us and when it comes to football,  they were the reining champions....

The referee's whistle marked the start of the game and also marked the start of Sid Batliwala's killer display of all kinds of soccer ever known🤣...

But they had a compact defense and I was marked by three opponents.

I was denied every opponents to score and was struggling to get ahead of the defensive line..

"Oh! Nooo.. Not again. This has to end and end now."

I charged forward again, ragged and shrugged by three defenders.

I held grit, I was stronger, I emerged victorious.

I broke through the wall and thundered onto the ball.

The vulcanised and stitched sphere of rubber ricocheted to its destiny, beyond the grasp of the goalie....

Gooooaaaaal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

St. Anthony engulfed the goal and responded brutally

This was unexpected,  unexpected completely....
They just returned the favours and equalised.....................

Then began their repression, they dominated us, they dominated the game and were very certain to get the winner...

My head started aching, No! this obviously cannot happen,  it surely cannot..

All of a sudden I got angry, the magic pill again started showing its effects.

Everything, that I saw became blurred, I shrugged my head heavily, it was paining....
Oh! Lord what is the bloody hell happening!!!

I got more and more angry with the passing minute....

"Fuck this" I muttered and made an obnoxious run......

I ran straight to the St. Anthony's striker and kicked him on his stomach.. Such was its power that he almost flew  15 yards away.....

Everyone present there was stunned.

The game came to a standstill....

I started sweating heavily.... My head seemed to break into pieces....

That was awful!

The referee sent me off the field.. That was certain.... I trodded down the side lines, threw away the plastic chairs, wherever I could, and stormed onto the gallery.....

I was losing breath, I was sweating as if I were drenched in rain, my heart was racing with time, it pounded heavily and after a moment or two, it seemed that someone just put a one tonne weight over my heart!

I lost my sight and everything was dark...........