Five

Nortia P.O.V.

We were all sitting at the table, Isabella served Lasagna, my favorite. But the air was tense and all of them kept staring at me, I don't want to be rude or anything but I'm starting to get annoyed.

"How did you guys get into this business?" Alex asked.

"We were just a gang and we kept growing and here we are." Mila said.

If we continue, this going to be the most awkward dinner of all times, I can't take it anymore. I put my silverware down, maybe a little too hard, but it isn't my fault i don't like this attention.

"Why do you keep staring at me?" I asked. They looked at each other but didn't said a word. Time to go i guess.

"Let's go. Thanks for dinner we will talk soon." I said and got up, the others did the same and we made our way outide. The Rossi's didn't said a word they just sat there and looked sad? I don't get it.

"Wait." Dante said when i was climbing my bike.

"We are sorry. Maybe you can come back tomorrow and spend some time here."

"Do we still have business to discuss?" I asked.

"Not at the moment."

"Then tomorrow we are going to visit the town. If you have any questions or problems with the other gang you have our numbers. Now if you'll excuse me." I said, made the engine of my bike roar and rode to the hotel.

They seem good people but they were just freaking me out a little with all the stares, i mean I didn't had parents and I learned that that is rude. I parked my bike and went to my room. Once inside i took my clothes off and went to the shower, when i was in the middle of it i heard the door closing, Saulo is back. He came to the the bathroom and when he saw me he started to take his clothes off, in a minute he joined me in the shower.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, you know I don't like to be the center of attention and they were all looking at me."

"Yes I noticed. Maybe you reminded them of someone."

"Who?"

"You don't know the Rossi's history?"

"No. I don't care about the others, why would i learn the story of the other mafias?" He started to massage my shoulders, the water was still running hot and this was making me feel good.

"I'll tell you. Almost twenty years ago their daughter was kidnapped and never seen again, i don't know the details."

"Wow now i kinda feel bad for them."

"You don't think that you-"

"No, there's no way."I said get way from his touch and the shower.

"We all know that your parents are criminals because they hide their DNA, so maybe..." He said following me.

"There's no way Saulo, i-i-i... no." I said, i put some clothes on and got out of the room. I got out of the hotel, climbed my bike and drove to somewhere.

I've been looking for my parents for so long how is it possible that i just rang their bell and came back to them through the front door? It's just unreal. Sometimes i think if it would be better to have stayed in ignorance, maybe not knowing it's better that being in this constant search. I know I'm being negative, I've been looking for them for almost twelve years, that's a long time, at first everyday i would wake up with hope only to be smashed as soon i got the news that nothing new come up.

But would Catarine and Leonardo be capable of robbing a powerful family like the Rossi's? And how did that happen? What led them to do this? What did they get from it? They weren't rich, actually they were poor very poor, i don't remember much but i remember that we never had our fridge full and i always ate what they left on the plate. They never beaten me but i never felt loved and they never cared about me. I think that's why I'm incapable of love, to be honest i only saw true love when Mila and Theo showed up saying they were in love.

I kept riding without destination, my mind is going a thousand miles per minute. I have so many questions and no answers, could i really be their daughter? It's been seventeen years how can they recognize me? For sure I don't have a baby face. Right? Or maybe... I don't know what to think!

I was going so fast i bet i was breaking every speed limit but i don't care. I finally parked my bike, took my helmet off and looked around, when I noticed where i was I didn't know what to think or do. Come one Nortia you are known as the She Devil how can you be so scared of this? You make people go weak with just one glare! This is what you always wanted, right? Do you have doubts? Well there's just one way to find the truth. So move your fucking legs. Slowly I started walking to the gates, when the guards saw me they received me from earlier and let me in, i was walking slower that a snail.

My hands were sweating and my heart beating so fast that i thout it would jump out of my ribcage. I was in front of the door, all i have to do his ring the bell. So Nortia ring the fucking bell. I thought but my hands couldn't move, if anybody saw me i bet i look crazy just standing here. Come on you can do this, I raised my hand and when i was about to ring the door flung open, and in front of me was Isabella.

"The guards said you were coming. What's wrong?" She asked

"We need to talk." I said.

This is it, I'm not 100% I'm their daughter and I don't want to give them false hope but, if there's a tiny chance, i think we all deserve to know, right?

How are you liking the book?