Eight

Nortia P.O.V.

It's them, they are my parents, i have brothers, i have a family and i finally found them. It only took me almost twelve years. What am I supposed to do now? Do i move and go hug them? Should i say something? I didn't have the time to think more into it because Isabella or better yet mom came running to me. She hugged me and i could hear her cry.

"My baby, my baby girl is back." She said between sobs.

I was still in chock trying to digest that big information i just got, for years a searched for them but i never thought of what i would do when i meet them. And now here I'm felling glued to the floor, with ragged breathing and with a heart beating way to fast. I look around the room and i saw everyone with tears in their eyes, while my face is dry. How can I cry about a conversation with my best friend and not cry when i finally met my family, maybe I'm broken.

How do I let this people in? What if I'm not what they wanted? What if I'm not what they were waiting for? I killed so many people, what if i they don't forgive me? Or even like me?

I got away from Isabella and ran, i ran to my bike and drove away. I'm a coward, i finally found my family and what do I do? I run away from them. I'm already a failure to them. I drove to the hotel, i ran to my room and closed the door, Saulo was on the bed watching tv, but i just ignored him and went to the bathroom i locked the door, took my clothes off and got under the water in the shower. The water was freezing cold but i didn't felt anything, everything was numb.

Saulo started knocking on the door but i didn't open or talked to him i just kept there, hidden from my parents and my best friend, hidden from the world. I stayed there for what if felt like hours until i started to shiver, i turned off the water and was now standing in front of the mirror.

"I swear to God Nortia if you don't open this door right now i will kick it down." Saulo yelled from the other side. I slowly opened the door and went to sit in the edge of the bed.

"Why did i get a phone call from Dante Rossi asking for you?" He asked. And i answered, i said the words i wanted to say for so long and i still found it hard to believe them.

"They are my parents."

"What? how do you know?"

"DNA test."

"When did you do all of this? Why didn't you said anything?"

"Because i wanted to be sure before saying anything."

"I'm so happy for you Tia, you finally found your family."

"What if they don't like me Saulo? You know all the things i did all this years."

"Nortia they will love you no matter what they are your family, and they are in the mafia, for sure they aren't saints." He said and came to hug me. Even though my body is freezing i feel so warm in his embrace.

How can he say that they love me because they are my family? He had a family too and they didn't loved him.

"You're freezing cold Nortia, let me get some clothes for you." He said and let go of me, he went to get some clothes.

I went to the bathroom to get dressed, usually i would dress in front of him because he already saw me naked more times that i can count, but things are different now and to be honest, awkward. When i got out, Saulo was next to the door with a large bouquet of roses and an card on his hands.

"This came for you." He said.

"That must be a mistake." I said, i took the card from his hands and read it out loud.