Part 125

2024.4.7

Time check: 6:00 am. I didn't see my sunbaenims when I woke up. I took a bath first and prepared myself.

30 minutes later, I left the room, Luckily, manager-nim is there near the dorm. Why, though?

He will fetch me at the building!!!

Time check: 7:00 am. We arrived at the building. When I arrived, producer-nim messaged me.

Tell your artists to meet here again at 10:30 am. See you all there!

Time check: 10:30 am. Producer-nim, as well as my fellow mentors and the top 9 artists, were there as well.

Now, the second week of the live phase of the competition will be discussed by manager-nim.

The theme for this week's live shows is English songs. They gave us an hour to pick the songs appropriate to the theme. I talked about that concern to my team. They have songs in mind and I wanted the best song in my team. I think they need some mentoring right now.

They picked the songs. Since Soomin is a powerhouse vocalist, she picked P!nk's What About Us; Seohyun picked Christina Aguilera's version of Reflection (from Mulan); Daniel picked James Arthur's Impossible.

Also, each of us mentors will duet each other as part of non-competition performances. Producer-nim told us that I and noona will be dueting next week.

I can't wait. Maybe our duet with Kihyun hyung will happen on the final. I am just wondering.

Time check: 12:00 nn. The meeting ended. Honestly, I miss Siwoo being with us. The four of us went lunch together at the cafeteria. Indeed, I ate lunch with them. I took a groupie with them before we eat.

I told them that we will meet again at 2:00 pm for the mentoring of the song. Instead of the 4 last week, I need to rent 3 small rooms for like 1 hour for them to practice on their own in the meantime. They soon agreed.

Time check: 2:00 pm. The mentoring started. I told them first to practice 1 more hour on their own, so that they are confident on the song.

I assigned them to a small room. 1 hour later, at 3:00 pm, the individual mentoring started. The individual mentoring increased from 30 minutes last week to 40 minutes for each artist.

3:00 pm - 3:40 pm - Kim Soomin
3:40 pm - 4:20 pm - Kim Minhyung
4:20 pm - 5:00 pm - Kim Seohyun

After that, I called it a day. I let them practice on their own first from 5:00 pm until 6:00 pm. They want to extend the practice until 7:00 pm. I agreed.

After 7:00 pm, they went to their homes, respectively. I went to the practice room for the meantime. I trained myself until manager-nim called me to go home.

Well, while I am training, Yeonjung noona called on my phone.

"Hello, James! Can we meet on Thursday? Let's practice for our duet?"

"Sure, noona. What time, though?"

"Around 10 am. Let's practice our duet song all day!"

"Okay, noona. Noted. Can't wait to see you again!"

"Me too! Take care!"

"You as welll, noona."

Soon, manager-nim called me and asked me to wait at the building.

I saw him right after I went out to the building to wait him.

I went home at 10:40 pm. I changed my clothes into a sleeping attire and wrote on my journal the following entry:

April 7. English songs for next week! Good luck, Team 26! We can do this!

D-7 to Cravity's debut anniversary. You can do this!!

I slept after writing the journal. I will wake up early again tomorrow.

END OF PART 125