Part 130

2024.4.12

Time check: 8:00 am. I arrived at the venue right away. Krystal is in the dressing room right away.

I waited for about 5 hours. I decided to take a quick nap before the main event.

Time check: 12:45 pm. They arrived earlier than expected. I was shocked that they arrived early.

15 minutes later, at 1:00 pm, we were surprised that Kang Siwoo appeared on our dressing room. He gave us lunch for us to eat.

The make-over for my 3 artists started 5 minutes after we ate our lunch.

Time check: 6:00 pm. The make-up was finished. We were just waiting for the live show.

I told them about one thing. Diction is very imporant. I hope that their English pronunciation doesn't sound Korean, though.

But why am I very strict with the diction? As a person who use English often, I appreciate someone who uses this in a country who rarely speak English. But based on their profiles, it seems that they are all fluent in English, so it's not a problem with me.

I am proud of them! Hope they can survive this week's eliminations!

1 hour later, Kang Siwoo went to the audience already to support our team.

Time check: 8:00 pm. The episode just started airing live.

I am nervous of the performances for today. Good luck to the team!

Before the performances, hyung announced that the results will be relying on the public vote alone. Top 6 artists, regardless of team, will advance to the semi-finals , while the bottom 3 will compete for the final spot in the semifinals via an Instant Save. A total of 7 artists will be on the semi-finals.

I had an advantage. I have 3 artists on my team now. The public vote last week is much higher than I expected. I am confident that all 3 artists I am mentoring right now will advance to the semi-finals.

Well, the 9 artists sang already on this day. Unlucky to my side, based on their draw lots, my 3 artists will perform first.

Well, after the 9th artist, they showed a recap of their performances for tonight and soon, the voting lines were open.

Time check: 10:00 pm. The show just ended after the opening of the voting lines. I congratulated them! I love them!!

I took a groupie with my artists. I included Siwoo after our groupie.

Time check: 11:00 pm. I left my artists. However, I informed them of my leave. I guess they want some rest after this.

I went with manager-nim and arrived at the dorm. My sunbaenims are there already. They congratulated me on the big day.

I went to the chocolate room afterwards and I took a quick bath before I sleep. I wrote this one on my journal.

April 12. English songs!!!! Woooohhhh!!!
Good luck to my 3 artists!

But before I sleep, Jungmo hyung came and rushed to me.

"Look! All of your artists reached the top 10 on the charts."

I was surprised. "Woaahhhh. Jinjja???"

Soon, they also came and tried to raise me on the ground.

Gege applauded me, "Their song choices are good, though! I really love Reflection, though."

Woobin hyung said to me, "Well, their English seems to be like they are international singers."

Serim hyung added, "Thanks to their coach, they are good in speaking English."

"Ani. I think the reason why they are good in English, because they're all fluent in English. But, I am very strict with the pronunciation of English."

Wonjin hyung said to me, "Told you. You are a great mentor. I guess, your trademark is the English one. You are specialized in English, and I think, that's your main difference from other mentors."

"Don't be like that, hyung. They all worked hard."

Hyung had a follow-up question. "I know. But how are the elininations tomorrow?"

"Well, they are not equal. 6, regardless of their team, will advance. But the bottom 3 will not be eliminated; instead, they will compete one last time for the 7th spot."

Minhee responded, "But you have 3 artists, James."

"I know. Worse case scenario is they all will compete for the instant save."

All of them were like, "Instant Save?"

"Yeah. Same as the wildcard though. Only 1 will advance from the bottom 3."

"Well, I should say, good luck to your team tomorrow. Let's sleep now, James. We're all tired."

They all went back to our rooms. I am just very sleepy. I slept in less than 10 minutes.

END OF PART 130