Part 156

2024.6.17

Time check: 7:28 am. I woke up because of a phone call. I answered, "Hello! Who is this? I'm still asleep."

"Hello, James. Manager-nim here. We just arrived here."

I realized it was him. I yawned because I'm still asleep.

I'm sorry, manager-nim! I'm still sleepy.

"Hello, manager-nim! I just woke up. Good thing that you arrived safe and sound."

"We just need to enter the immigration. Our plane just arrived."

"Hopefully there are no sasaengs as you leave the airport. Fortunately, I had experience none, as they thought that I will be there with you."

"Good thing that we left at different times. I remember that you have a trauma of sasaengs, especially when you film your prologue video."

"I don't want to remember it. It's too early in the morning, manager-nim. Anyways, do I need to prepare for today?"

"Yes. I'm sorry not to inform you yesterday."

"It's okay, manager-nim. I understand because you are preparing for your trip, and also, you want me to celebrate my successful performance yesterday. Besides, I have nothing to do today. Are we practicing in the venue today?"

"Yes, James. This coming 5:00 pm. Again, I'm sorry for not informing you."

"Again, manager-nim. It's alright!! Perhaps I can order 10 large cups of coffee at Lounge #89 and deliver it to the venue?"

"No, James! It's not allowed, though. Starship told me I must not allow you because you have a trauma of sasaengs and mean people, especially girls who are trying to manipulate you once more. You are our junior, and we don't want you from being harmed by these merciless people."

He then added, "And also, isn't it the concert venue is 50 km away from Lounge #89? You once told me that gas here is expensive."

I then answered, "Yeah. Sasaengs's mission is to invade private lives. Perhaps, I can just order, then, manager-nim, before I go. If possible, I can just prepare it by myself. Being a barista is my second favorite work station in the shop. In fact, I've been a barista also on the day I arrived from there."

"You are really hardworking. Well, even though you're financially stable, you still know how to wash dishes, and even work as a coffee shop staff."

"I just told to you all that even though we are really stable financially, I need to know some of the things that most people do in the household. Daniel and I were taught by our parents that we must, as much as possible, avoid the help of our caretakers and we must do household chores on our own. That is for our own benefit as well."

"Look. You are also well-mannered, unlike other rich people."

"I may be well-mannered, but I also have my dark and bad side. You know some of my weaknesses and, as much as possible, I don't want to let that weakness stay with me. You also saw some of my bad side, and I don't want to act bad again."

"Well, that's it for this talk. Your sunbaenims are almost done with the immigration. I will be next to enter."

"Okay, manager-nim! See you soon! Prepare your English skills, manager-nim. If you don't know our mother tongue, Filipino, our second language English can be helpful."

"Okay, James. I am almost there. No cellphones are allowed."

"I shall end the call. Thank you, manager-nim! Enjoy your stay here."