Part 132

2024.4.14

Well, today is Cravity's 4th anniversary. Of course, they're busy starting from now. Probably, they will be doing V-live within this day.

Time check: 9:00 am. Of course, the meeting. I arrived at the meeting place at 9:30 am.

Then, producer-nim said to us that this Friday and Saturday is the semi-finals. This time, it's all in the hands of the artists for their choice of songs.

I gathered my 3 artists to have a meeting with their song choices. Well, their song choices are good, though. I think that the original singers are not much familiar to Koreans, but I think the best way to reach these songs to their audiences is by interpreting the song well.

Daniel picked Calum Scott's You Are The Reason, Soomin picked Brynn Cartelli's Last Night Mascara, and Seohyun picked Patricia van Haastrecht's I Will Go.

They seem to have good tastes in international music.

Also, Cravity sunbaenims will appear on the semi-finals as a part of the non-competition performance. Producer-nim told me that they will be performing with me, and the remaining 3 of my mentor sunbaenims will collaborate together.

Time check: 12:00 nn. The meeting ended. As always, we have a lunch before the initial mentoring.

Time check: 2:00 pm. That's the time of their practice. I gave them 1 hour to practice their song.

Time check: 3:00 pm. The individual mentoring started. They have the same time period as last week.

I can say that they are just 1 step closer to the finale. If they will advance on the semi-finals, I will be happy that their dream of becoming a singer will become true.

I mentored them individually for 3 hours. Since they all choose an English song, I tried my best in helping them how to pronounce the English words. But based on their performances, I cannot hear a Korean accent while their singing. I think I did a great job mentoring them.

Time check: 6:00 pm. The 3 semi-finalists from my team went home. The mentoring ended.

However, I was called by a staff first into a room.

She interviewed me about what I am feeling right now. I told her that I am happy, seeing my 3 artists are advancing to semi-finals. Also, I am also happy for my Cravity sunbaenims that they are celebrating their debut anniversary today.

She then told me that I need to open the laptop and played the file that was saved there.

It was a video of my Cravity sunbaenims. They told me a news that shocked me. It made me cry and want to be with them just now.

By the way, here's what they said.

First of all, congratulations on your 3 artists! I can see your determination and passion in teaching your artists in bringing the best version of them while singing on stage. Although you are just 23 years old at this point in time, you proved to us that you can do mentoring and teaching your fellow people.

Also, I know that you are achieving this to have your debut. Your official debut. I hope this day will be memorable to you.

In behalf of the company, Starship entertainment, we are going to tell you that you are going to debut as a soloist. Congratulations, James!! You deserve to be recognized in the whole world.

I know what you're feeling right now. You're crying too much. Don't cry now. We believe that you will debut soon. Look, you are closer in achieving your dreams. Prepare now for your debut, our very own all-rounder!

Don't worry on the dorm. We will show you the dorm before the finals.

Am I debuting now??? Among many dates, why is it that it has to be their debut anniversary?? I have no words.

Debut, here I come. I promise I will work harder for my fans and my supporters.

Time check: 6:30 pm. I became too emotional. I don't know what to say. I just want to say that they trusted me. They wanted me to debut. Although I trained here for like 4 months, I am still grateful that they let me debut.

Time check: 7:00 pm. I went home, with manager-nim dropping me off at the dorm. That was indeed a tiring night.

I took a quick bath and reflected on what happened today. I cried in the shower, thinking of that video.

I prepared myself to sleep.

April 14. Cravity's debut anniversary today. Also, my debut is near!! They handed the news themselves. I am too happy today. Thank you, sunbaenims!!

END OF PART 132