Part 143

2024.5.6

Well, today is the filming for the epilogue of the film.

Time check: 4:00 am. I woke up. I messaged my sunbaenims on our chatroom and said, "Good morning!"

They replied to me, "Good morning, James!"

They soon have a video chat. I answered the call and said to them, "Really? At 4 in the morning? It's too early."

Jungmo hyung told me, "James, open your cam!"

"Hyung! I am still brushing my teeth. Look."

I opened the cam and they saw me brushing my teeth.

The call continued even though I am eating breakfast. The call ended when I was going to the bathroom to prepare myself.

Soon, while waiting for my sunbaenims, they doorbelled at the dorm and we soon leave the apartment.

We all went to the location of the filming. We changed wardrobes before the filming.

As we arrived there, I was amazed on the set. Although this is just a short one, I did my best to perform my role.

When I saw the script, I was like, "What? That's it?"

Okay okay. Here's the storyline:

Well, the epilogue is unexpected. I bid goodbye to my sunbaenims and started to go to stage by myself to perform on stage.

After that, the filming ended and I immediately went to them (as they will promote again); I will be having an interview with Daniel once again.

After my schedule for today, Daniel and I went home separately (as he was living in a different dorm).

When I arrived home, I took a quick bath and prepared myself to sleep.

However, someone doorbelled on the dorm. I looked first before coming in.

It was Daniel who come in. He was also in his sleeping attire.

What is the meaning of this? Don't tell me he's living near me.

I let him in and I offered him a meal. I joined with him eating.

While we're eating, he told me something.

"Actually, I knew the location of my dorm. I was surprised when I will be staying in this building. So after the filming, I didn't hesitate and went to you."

He doesn't know where my Cravity sunbaenims live. They didn't know where he live, either.

"I was surprised as well. Where do you live exactly?"

"Just beside this room."

Oh no! I might enter the wrong room (as Daniel's, my sunbaenims' and my room are just beside each other.

I asked him about his debut.

"Well, when is your debut? Don't worry; I won't tell them."

"They said to me that my debut showcase will be on June 12th. I will be recording tomorrow as well."

"I am so excited for you! Congrats!"

"When is your debut, though?"

"I don't know yet. I will debut as a soloist, but I am not sure when is it."

The conversation was interrupted. Manager-nim then called me.

"Hello, manager-nim. What is it?"

"Prepare next week. You will know the list of songs to be recorded next week. Okay. As of now, I still don't know what's the name of your album. Probably they will be telling you next week."

"Oh my gosh! Cannot believe that my debut is near. Thank you for informing me, manager-nim!"

"No worries, James. I am sure you are looking forward to this. Just rest for a bit. You deserve some rest."

He then reminded me. "Also, don't forget tomorrow. Come to the building with your sunbaes. I will disclose more details tomorrow."

"Okay, manager-nim. Noted. Good night, manager-nim! Take care!"

The call ended.

"Wait. What was it?"

"I don't know. You probably heard that I will be recording starting next week. I don't know what concepts I will be performing. Do you already know what's your concept?"

"My album will be entitled Humble Beginnings. I think the explanation for the debut album is self-explanatory, right?"

"I agree, though. Humble Beginnings. Now your debut is near, always stay humble with all the people you've met. I think we all know this. Can't wait to pre-order your album! I'm sure this is great!"

"I am looking forward to it. My concepts will be a school concept and a musical theatre one. I am looking forward to it, now that I will be wearing a school uniform once again."

"Can't wait. I am so proud of you right now. You will be producing your own album at this point. Though we can't debut together as what we've dreamt of, it's alright. What's important is that we are on the same company and we are achieving our dream: to debut. I'm sure that we, as Starship artists, will do well on every work the company does for us. We will be dedicated to our own craft."

"Yes. I'm so glad to be in the family right now. Can't wait to work with the company. Probably a collab with Jeong Sewoon sunbaenim?"

"I've been collaborated with hyung. It's fun being with him! Of course, he's our idol. But what's better is that you and hyung will collaborate. I can't wait if ever you will be collaborating with him."

"Lucky for you. You made the medley of his songs. I'm so jealous that you have a performance with him. Not once, but twice."

"Actually, it's thrice. Three times. Before I have my first work with my sunbaenims' album, which is you know it. The Great Addition. Okay. January 16. I remember that I tried not to become emotional when hyung just came into the room and sang with me. I was surprised, because I just sang and he appeared out of nowhere. That was indeed crazy."

"What song did you sang then?"

"Don't Know. You probably knew the song, don't you?"

"Of course. It's from his album 24 Part 1. I love his song of his. Actually, all of it."

"That's our idol. But being the best mentor by mentoring the winner of the season? I beat them. Do I really deserve the title because my best friend won?"

"Of course, you do. Take note. You have 2 finalists. Not just your finalists, but your two stolen artists."

"I still can't believe it. I know it's been almost a week. I am still processing that you won."

He then asked me if he can sleep at the room.

"Seriously? Well, why not? Your dorm is just beside mine. I'm sleepy as well. C'mon. Let's sleep now."

We then both slept in different rooms. Though we are best friends for 20 years, we never slept together.

END OF PART 143