𝟎𝟒 | 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲'𝐬 𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞.

"Take only what you need to survive! File through as calmly as possible!"

Trost's streets were in complete chaos, filled to the brim with people running for their lives as they darted towards the wall's inner gate. It was a complete 180 from the jubilant scene you and Sasha walked through earlier. Mothers clutched their sobbing children close to them as they ran, the sale chants from stands now being replaced with terrified screams.

Unlike the panicked people surrounding you, you moved against the grain. You were running as fast as you could, weaving and slipping through tight spaces within the frantic crowd with ease.

While the others went after Eren as soon as the smoke cleared, you ended up leaving them behind. You were supposed to meet up with the others after Bertholdt was finished, to decide on what to do next.

After nearly getting lost, you were panting by the time you made it to the alleyway. Bertholdt and Annie was just climbing out of the opening when you saw Reiner come to a running stop at the opposite end of the alley. You both ran to meet up with the duo in the middle.

Bertholdt's Titan marks were different from the rest of you. Instead of the regular jagged lines, his marks were more similar to his Titan and gave his face an almost skeletal look. They were already fading though as he got to cool himself down.

"So what now?" He asked as he slipped off the hood to his cloak. His hair was messy as he shook it out with his hands.

"Do we leave now?" Annie asked, a tinge of hope in her voice as she closed the opening to the sewer.

"We have to wait for the Titans to come in, and see if the Founding Titan will show up." Reiner thought aloud, now pacing back and forth.

"For now, we should join up with the others. It'll give us a cover to wait around." You suggested. "If nothing happens then we can leave when everyone's too busy with the Titans to notice us."

"Good thinking." Reiner nodded his head, looking to the others for confirmation. "What do you think?"

"I guess, if that's the only option we have left." Annie sighed eventually.