Chapter 1: A Dreary Day

Hello everyone. I want to let you all know that I have put a mature rating on this story as it contains bullying, which can be upsetting. There is also mentions of depression and mild mentions of harassment. The whole story is not centred around these themes but as they are present, it is better to be safe than sorry.

For those who have read this before, yes some inspiration came from Cruella amongst other things. Inspiration comes from everywhere.

Thank you.

------------------------

It was another dreary day for Marinette. Heck even the weather seemed to match her dull mood as rain slammed against her windows. She pulled her blanket over her head as she felt Tikki poke her in the head.

"Come on Marinette you'll be late for school!" Tikki said brightly.

"I don't want to go," Marinette mumbled.

Tikki sighed sadly. Marinette had gradually turned from a cheery and happy girl to a sad and depressed one. All of her class had practically turned their backs on her thanks to Lila, who had made good on her promise. Lies after lies had poured out of her mouth like sewage. Nevertheless, that class had lapped up the sewage as if they were craving it. Honestly, the brain capacity of that class was...well to a better word, ridiculous! Promising to set up an interview with Steven Spielberg? Giving art to a world-famous manga artist? Saving Jagged Stone's cat? Marinette had even worked with Jagged on his album and glasses, yet they neglect to remember that? Or the fact that he had a giant freaking crocodile?!

Marinette had actually been getting more requests from Jagged. She had been over-joyed to tell this to Alya but that girl....that blogger had the audacity to claim that she was lying! Oh no but the cherry on top was that she said it wasn't right for her to lie in order to gain attention. Oh Tikki wished she had Plagg's ability at the point in time but enough about that. Marinette had decided not to share anything about her life anymore after that. Even keeping the fact hidden that Clara Nightingale and various other high-profile people had been requesting commissions. Her parents discovered this and had started helping her with fees, labour costs, taxes and putting it into aa savings account which she could use for the future. Social media had begun raising questions about this aspiring new designer so Marinette had asked Jagged and Clara to say that MDC was the designer. MDC, which was a pretty obvious name choice if you knew Marinette, was now on every company's eyes. Heck even Gabriel and Audrey had been looking to speak with MDC. But Marinette was far too nervous, not to mention her mental state was on a downward spiral.

Of course, Lila had to claim that she knew MDC and was dating him. To make matters worse, she had come up to Marinette and offered to set up and interview if she apologised. Lila did this deliberately in front of the class so when Marinette refused, this only made the class dislike her even more as they still thought it was jealousy. It was amazed she hadn't been akumatised yet. She continued on with her commissions either way despite Lila hogging the credit.

"Fine I might as well see how the day goes today," Marinette sighed as she got up and started to gather her things. Tikki nibbled on a cookie as she thought about ways to help her wielder. Kagami and Luka were nice, and they never seemed to call her names and things. But maybe they didn't know what was going on. Maybe Marinette could start hanging out with them.

"I wonder..." Tikki mused.

"Ready Tikki?" Marinette asked tiredly.

"Yep!" Tikki said as she flew into the purse.

Marinette headed down the stairs and greeted her parents with a half-hearted smile. Tom and Sabine didn't know what was going on; no fault of their own of course as Marinette had kept quiet. She quickly grabbed an apple and headed out the door, with her parents wishing her to have a good day. So unlikely, Marinette thought.