Chapter 19: Act 2

WARNING, THIS CHAPTER HAS SOME UPSETTING SCENES ABOUT HARASSMENT AND BULLYING.

If these themes upset you, then please don't read.

Any hate or rudeness in comments will be deleted. Thank you for your patience.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

There were several shocked gasps at this as the familiar figure of the man was seen as the crowd parted. He was standing right in the middle with a frown on his face with his arms behind his back. Marinette was stunned. How in Kwami's name did Morgana get that man out in the open?

"Mr Agreste?!" Lila shouted in alarm and slight fear.

"Father?" Adrien said in equal shock.

"That is his name," Morgana deadpanned.

"Mr Agreste, what a surprise!" Miss Bustier said in the same shock.

"Not really. Imagine my surprise when I get a phone call in the middle of the week from someone who claims that my wife, my missing wife, was being slandered," Gabriel said as his frown deepened as he walked forward.

"I uh...!" Lila stuttered as she backed up, but her mother held her by the shoulder.

"Adrien. I am ashamed of you. The amount of disrespect is staggering. You cannot even defend your own mother?" Gabriel asked as he stepped up on the stage next to his son. Murmurs of disgust and glares were then directed at the blonde, who was almost shaking at this point.

"I just... didn't want to hurt anyone," Adrien stammered.

"So, you'd rather people take the fall for you. If some of you will recall, Adrien had a little chat with me. I was well aware of who the actress was but Adrien would rather see me defend her as opposed to getting his own hands dirty. I promptly refused," Morgana said, making Gabriel frown even more.

"Wait... is that why he attacked you?" Nathaniel asked in shock.

"Someone couldn't take no for an answer," Morgana said, making the boy flinch.

"You did what?" Gabriel asked in annoyance.

"Apologises for not telling you about that details sir, but I assumed you wouldn't listen to me if I started with that," Morgana said.

"Understandable," Gabriel said with a nod as he recalled the events of last Saturday before the red-carpet event.

Flashback:

Morgana walked through the streets, eyeing everyone who past her. When she was certain she wasn't being followed, nor near people who knew her, she took out her phone as well as a familiar little piece of paper. After looking at it for a second, she tucked it back in her pocket and dialled a number. She held it to her ear as someone then picked up.

"Hello. Am I correct in that I am speaking to Nathalie Sancouer, Gabriel Agreste's assistant?"

"Who is this?" Nathalie asked.

"I am a classmate of Adrien's," Morgana answered.

"I do not know how you got this number but please do not call again. This is a private..." Nathalie started.

"I merely wished to call you to inform you that someone is slandering your boss's wife," Morgana replied, almost casually. There was a long pause, and she could hear some movement on the end of the phone. Then a new voice appeared.