Chapter 6: Assemble the Players

The morning could not have gone better in the next few classes. Not only had Marinette succeeded in getting her commission prices through but she had resigned as president. Alya never helped that much out to begin with and to be honest she couldn't wait to see how they would handle the responsibilities. All of Lila's connections would come in handy. Not! All morning, she had been thrown a sour comment by some of the class, but she only responded cheerfully so they couldn't really bash her for it. They were just coming out of science class to break for lunch until Marinette felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned to see the face of Aurore looking at her with a smile.

"Hey Aurore, how's it going?" Marinette asked with a smile. She never caused any hate towards her. Either she didn't know about Lila or she had brain cells.

"Oh, it's going great! Me and Mireille co-hosting a new show is working out. It's so better than just one of us doing it," Aurore said.

"You're a great team!" Marinette complimented.

"Thanks. Actually, it's why I wanted to talk to you. We will be doing a weather section at one point, which leads to me asking if you can create some costumes for us. We're happy to pay," Aurore explained.

"Oh! Of course. I can send you my commission rate over if you want. I have it all in a spreadsheet," Marinette said.

"Oh perfect! I was hoping you'd have a sheet already," Aurore said. Marinette then cocked her head to the side as she realised something.

"Wait...you were going to pay me? Without even knowing I'm charging now?" Marinette asked. That made Aurore have a confused look on her face.

"I assumed you were charging. I mean your designs are amazing. Wait, you mean that your class have been asking for freebies all this time?" Aurore asked, anger evident in her voice.

"It's only been brought to my attention recently but yes. I have to...put the hammer down now so to say," Marinette admitted.

"I had no idea you had it so bad. Well, I mean you probably weren't aware...but your class is known as the 'Akuma Class'," Aurore said.

"I had no idea," Marinette said in surprise.

"I know akumas are caused by distress of course, and I am not blaming anyone. But the attitudes in that class... no one really likes them as much. You're Class President. I'm sure you noticed at some point," Aurore stated.

"Well..." Marinette said thoughtfully. "I've resigned now."

It kinda made sense now. Whenever she went to the President meetings, they always welcomed her with smiles and such but whenever she talked about the people in the class, there always seemed to be something off in the atmosphere. Aurore was a president herself, so she knew first hand.

"You resigned? Well I can't say I blame you. You've practically offered your mental health for those guys and you don't get thanks. So, who's replacing you?" Aurore asked, not knowing that her words warmed Marinette's heart as she was aware of the metal health issues.

"Lila Rossi. Alya is her deputy," Marinette said, disgust rolling off her tongue at the name. Aurore froze at that.

"What? Lie-la? Seriously? Oh man Marinette, why would you pick her?" Aurore said in disgust.

"I didn't! Alya nominated her and everyone seemed fine with it. They said I was lacking anyway," Marinette said in defence. The blonde's shoulders relaxed a little at that.

"Okay, that's something. Can't wait to hear what lies she spouts at the meetings," Aurore said with a scoff.

"Her lies?" Marinette squeaked as her heart pounded.