Chapter 4: Practice What You Preach

Alright it was official. Marinette had deduced that Morgana was some kind of wizard. No one had bothered her about the treats after class, not even Lila! I mean it made sense. Even Lila couldn't wriggle out of this one. You can have an allergy, but you can't get rid of it overnight, even the class knew that or people with common sense. The next few classes passed without a hitch. Either she was lucky, or Morgana's magic was doing something.

It was just after lunch and per Morgana's instruction, Marinette was to sit alone. Yes, it wasn't nice but to avoid suspicion, they sat apart. Of course, they communicated through technology if there was an emergency. To be honest what was worrying Marinette the most was the costumes. She often did work for the art class, theatre group and such but due to Morgana's new plan, she had been extremely strict about money. Marinette was doing all of this beautiful work and while she had not yet told her she was MDC (although she figured Morgana already knew), she hadn't been taking material or labour charges. Her teachers weren't aware of this as students usually asked her. Again, with the freebies!

So, they had put together a budget plan for commissions. Using her new experience as an online designer, Marinette had put together for some basic quotes, while pricy, they took everything into reasonable consideration. She planned to bring this up if someone asked her but only when Adrien was in the room. The blonde had always said to her to do what her friends asked to keep them happy as it didn't seem like much work. Marinette broke a pencil when he first said that. The amount of times she had bled onto her fabrics over these 'freebies'! So, she planned to use Nathalie and the internet to her advantage. But more on that later.

Currently they were in History and as their history teacher had a habit of often falling asleep at his desk (another reason why the school sucked), everyone was just having a chat about various subjects. Marinette was just reading a history book. Prior to vandalism, she chose to just read the lesson away as opposed to sketching. She had also made a list and documented everything that had been damaged. Morgana actually had to blink at what she listed! Speaking of whom, she was still sitting at the back but was being a little chattier with others but had her phone out. Something was coming.

"I am telling you, action and adventure are the best genres!" Kim stated which was met by a glare from Alix.

"No way, horror is the best! Seeing all the blood and stuff go everywhere!" she replied, making a lot of people squirm in their seats.

"You're both wrong, romance is the best!" Alya declared. Nino rolled his eyes at his distaste for romance films but no way he was going to debate it with Alya. he had more sense than that!

"Hey Morgana, settle it! What do you like best?" Nino said as he averted his attention to the back. Morgana twitched slightly at the attention as she was currently huddled over her phone. Marinette then felt her own phone buzz and she discreetly opened it while the attention was on Morgana.

Morgana

Agree with Lila. Praise her. Say nothing to Adrien. Keep a smile on your face. Don't disagree with anything she or I say.

Marinette's eye visibly twitched at the text but nevertheless, she put her phone down and closed her book and turned her attention to the class. She was usually ignored in class now unless she opened her mouth so nothing new there.

"Oh umm...I don't really have a favourite. S-sorry but they are all great...for different reasons," Morgana answered.

"That's fair!" Sabrina said with a shrug. She was really coming out of her shell more since Chloè had gone to America, but she had ruined it by siding with Lila.