Chapter 9: I am MDC

Lights. Camera. No action. Well, not yet at least. The red carpet was being held by the Eiffel tower. Well, more specially, it was almost underneath it. Being such a grand structure, it made sense to hold a lot of events here. There was a red carpet rolled up into the street and to the tower, where a grand stage was constructed for all the high profiles. Large banners of banners were draped everywhere, and the paparazzi were going insane with the camera flashes. There was also a large TV above the stage connected to a camera so people from afar could see the close-up. The public were watching from afar, due to being roped off and having officers standing nearby. It was almost perfect. It was just missing one crucial element.

"How boring..." Kagami said.

She was wearing a lovely black and red kimono, decorated with cherry blossoms. It was a Gabriel design, and while it was nice, it was nothing compared to what Marinette could make. She was up on the main stage along with Adrien, who was in a black suit and Lila, who wore an orange gown with her hair up. Again, a Gabriel brand. She was latched onto Adrien, who looked and felt uncomfortable, as well as waving and gleaming at all the cameras and attention. And she thought the mayor's daughter was vain. Gabriel was out along with some of his high-profile models, as well as some local celebrities, like XY and other musicians. Clara, Jagged and Fang, were of course there but they seemed a little unfocused, something which Kagami noticed. Only natural. They were eager and excited.

"Hey Kagami, how have you..." Adrien started.

"Don't talk to me," she said sharply, hurt then coming up Adrien's face.

Lila looked over at the girl and almost scowled. This one was yet another she couldn't control. Seemed to like Maribrat too much. Unbelievable. Then again, Kagami was seen as such an Ice Queen, no one in her class seemed to like her. Well, the fact that Lila told Alya that Kagami bullied and threatened her outside of school to stay away from Adrien certainly helped.

"Don't be so mean. I'll talk to you all night Adrien. That's what friends do," Lila said, hugging him closer. Adrien looked at Kagami for help, but she gave a careless look.

"Don't look at me, I'm not your friend," Kagami said, only hurting Adrien's feelings even more. Not so nice when it's you is it, Kagami thought. She felt a little guilty as she knew how lonely it could be as a famous model, but he brought this on himself.

"Mr Agreste, what does you next line have in store?" a reporter asked. Gabriel sniffed as he looked at the woman.

"I have a new collection coming out, black and white is the theme. A reflection. That is all I can say," he said stiffly.

"Oh yes, isn't this gown amazing? I mean, it couldn't look as good of course without me," Lila said to a few reporters, but they didn't seem to take much notice, which annoyed her.

"Raven to Red Sparrow. Raven to Red Sparrow, over."

"Yes," Kagami said, nodding to a random reporter, making sure it didn't look like she was talking to thin air. She scratched her ear slightly and titled.

---

Morgana sat at her desk in her room, with an earpiece on her ear, a small paper map in front of her, a tablet on the side and the live stream of the red carpet on her computer. Her relatives were out at the red-carpet event in the public, so she had no issues of interruption.

"Yes."

"All on schedule?" Morgana asked.

"Why yes, I love being at the red carpet on stage it's an honour."

"Good," Morgana said.

Having decided on bird codenames, it made it slightly more fun. Morgana was the conductor tonight. Everything that happened was part of the song. It wasn't chess tonight. It was a piece. A beautiful one. Kagami wasn't to respond to her with direct comments. No, that would be too suspicious. Having her respond to questions in the form of an answer was what she needed.