Chapter 15: A Game Within a Game

WARNING: MINOR HARASSMENT HERE. IT IS BRIEF BUT I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW.

Boy was Lila mad. No, she was worse than mad. She was positively fuming! She was currently sat in her room after that disaster of a show. She was looking on her laptop at all the comments being made about the show. There were barely any! MDC was trending so much, that her performance was being overshadowed immensely. She gritted her teeth in frustration at all the positivity. She had no idea where Hawkmoth was, but she needed an akuma right now! If it had come at the right time, then she could have knocked the designer right out of that stupid bird cage. Any comments she did find about Gabriel was that it was going back to the basic hashtag and comments about how unflattering she looked! How dare they! This had to be stopped!

"Stupid MDC, I'll beat you, just wait!" Lila sneered.

She had to be smart about this. She couldn't just attack MDC online. No that would lead a trail to her. She already had the class believing that the designer was a bully. How to convince everyone else about that was a challenge. She was no hacker so she couldn't make a tweet from MDC about her. The amount of people claiming they inspired her or made designs for her were too obvious. Talking to Gabriel wouldn't work either. He was doing damage control because of Adrien and trying to get a meeting with MDC. Wait... Adrien! Of course! All she needed to do was back MDC into a corner. And Adrien was the perfect tool to do that with.

Meanwhile...

Gabriel was currently sitting in his own office with a scowl on his face. That couldn't have gone worse. MDC was the talk of Twitter, no one was talking about his brand and now he was trending as basic! Nathalie watched him stew in his seat.

"Sir... don't you think that with tonight's event's an akuma might be in order?" she asked.

"I want to...but with everything I have been presented...it's not the right time. Lila would have been ideal for it. But after what we know now..." Gabriel murmured.

"All the more reason to use her. If anything, this will make things more interesting. And if you happen to get the miraculous out of it," Nathalie stated.

"Maybe not an akuma... but perhaps something else?" Gabriel said as he turned his head slightly. Nathalie gave a knowing nod.

"When?" she asked.

"Tomorrow," Gabriel said.

.....

As for the main player herself, Morgana was enjoying the thrill of the game as she watched the tweets roll in. Marinette was now safely at home with her parents and Luka, enjoying a celebratory dinner. Kagami was invited, as was she but they were busy. Well Morgana was and due to Kagami's strict mother, she was most likely busy.

"Ah, I do love lists and folders," Morgana said as she patted them, which were stacked neatly on her desk.

Friday was going to be amazing. Thanks to Chloé, she now had new pawns coming into Paris to join the game. So, this would be a complete shock to Lila. Her Gabriel folder was now finished, thanks to some evidence, and if he kept his word and brought his own information to her, then it would be perfect. The lies folder was still open on the desk in case Lila had some new tales to tell. The class folder was also still open. It was Wednesday tomorrow, so she had three days left if the class decided to text, harass and so on. But then she frowned as she felt her eye twitch. Something wasn't right. No. that wasn't it. Something didn't feel right. She blinked and, in an instant, her chess board appeared. Everyone was in their position on the board but then her eyes fell upon an empty square on the opposing square. It was empty. Something was missing.