Chapter 5: Two Became Four

It was now later in the day and everyone had decided to go home after the event. As Morgana had decided to go home alone, despite the offers to walk her, Adrien had been apologising to everyone for his behaviour. While the class forgave him since Morgana had, their view of him as the sunshine boy now had cracks. It was weird. They would have never picked him as a person to do...well that. Marinette was shocked to say the least. Even she knew that Morgana couldn't have predicted this. She probably went home to recalculate. However, as she had left the little note about meeting Luka and Kagami, she must have been well enough in her mind to continue her plan.

Luka and Kagami were her closest friends at this point. As her crush for Adrien was practically dust at this point, she had let her feelings for Luka flutter back to the surface. All she felt to be honest was guilt. She had made him feel like he was her second choice and that broke her heart. If only she had known what love truly was to start with then maybe things would have played out. Luka had been so supportive about the whole Lila situation. He had comforted her when she cried, he listened and even cheered her up with his music. He still loved Juleka of course but his views had now become wary as he had also been forced to leave Kitty Section. This was down to Lila commenting on how he was always so moody, distant and kept to himself. She said it wouldn't be a good look for the band. In the end he had had enough of the looks he was getting and chose to leave. This of course proved Lila's point and all apart from Juleka had not spoken to him properly since.

Kagami was... well Marinette just felt so lucky that she was on her side. She had been surprised when Kagami came to her one day and asked her what was going on. She was always so perceptive. Marinette happened to have a very bad day when questioned and she eventually broke down in the fellow bluenette's arms and told her everything. Kagami didn't even need to ask her anything. She believed her straight away. This made Marinette cry even more. When she found out that Adrien was actually enabling this liar and giving crap moral lessons, she had almost speared him to death in their fencing lessons. Her view of the model had turned sour real fast and she refused to even be associated with him unless she had to. Of course, Adrien had tried to reconcile with her, but she didn't bat an eyelid. She did bring up Lila at one point, but he gave her the same boring speech he gave to Marinette. Her own love for the blonde had instantly died. Thus, began the silent treatment whenever she saw him in her free time.

"I never expected Adrien to do that," Tikki said as she floated around Marinette's head who was looking down at her phone. She of course knew Adrien's alter ego which made it even more shocking. She needed to have words with a certain black cat.

"No...I mean it's not something that is in character for him," Marinette mumbled. She was currently texting in the group chat that consisted of her, Luka and Kagami. She had opted to come straight home. She would have liked to text Morgana but wasn't sure what the next move was after today. She'd had no texts off the class either which a refreshing change from the hate.

SweetSeamstress: Are you guys almost here yet?

GuitarHero: Just rounding the corner Mari.

"I love it when he calls you that, it's so cute," Tikki teased as Marinette blushed.

FencerFistsofFury: I must insist on not having any treats today. Mother noticed the sugar aroma when I came home last time.

GuitarHero: Great. More for me.

It took only a few more minutes for the pair to enter Marinette's room. Luka gave her a warm smile as did Kagami but she looked guilty as she tried to hide her chewing.