Chapter 12: Who?

School had now ended, and students were pouring out to head home. Marinette was quick to leave the school, to avoid any more incidents. Most students she had past apologised for some reason. It was lovely. They hadn't even done anything, but it seems that they knew who was at fault. It wasn't clear to her class now, but students had started avoiding them like the plague. Well, that wasn't true. Adrien seemed to notice. She had seen him try to talk to others, but they just shunned him. She couldn't help but feel a little bit happy about that. It wasn't nice when the shoe was on the other foot. Morgana had practically bolted out of the doors when the bell rang. She had no idea why, but she knew something was brewing. It was a little cloudy this evening, for some reason. A storm seemed to be coming. Either way, it was darker than usual for this time of day. Marinette pulled out her phone and checked her messages. Still nothing from the school. Switching over to Twitter, the tweets were still pouring into the MDC account; some nice, some not and some...were just yikes.

"What do you think is going to happen with Alya's tweet?" Tikki asked.

"No idea. I'm sure that was put on there just to show how easy it is for someone to make up a lie," Marinette said with a smile.

"Do you think Morgana will respond to that tweet?" Tikki questioned thoughtfully.

"I have no idea. It may be too obvious to say. Lila isn't stupid. She may figure it out," Marinette mumbled, her smile then vanishing.

"Don't worry, I'm sure Morgana knows what to do. You just need to relax," Tikki said with encouragement.

"I guess you're right. What do you think Luka wants?" Marinette asked. No answer came. She looked down to see Tikki had gone back in her purse. Once her head was raised, she could see why. All she could do was gasp.

Marinette was now in front of the river, where the houseboat sat. Only it didn't look like it usually did. It was decorated with fairy lights that made the boat glimmer prettily. A cloth covered table with a candle and rose placed on it. Candles were all around the boat, the wax dripping so it now looked like the ship was glowing. It was so... romantic. Her eyes then fell on Luka, who was holding a bouquet of sunflowers, her favourites. He had a warm smile on his face and Marinette was so moved by all of this, she almost started crying.

"Hello M-M-Marinette," Luka said as she came onto the boat, looking around at the display.

"L-Luka! This is so...just wow!" Marinette said in amazement.

"You deserve only the best," Luka said, handing her the flowers, which she took with a smile.

"I don't know what to say," Marinette said, her cheeks blushing. Luka's smile the dropped a little.

"Well, I heard what happened at lunch. It is unforgiveable. I don't think I can look Juleka in the eye the same again," Luka said and felt Marinette place a hand on his shoulder.

"Luka please don't let what happened at school affect your relationship with your sister. Alya was the one who instigated, not her," Marinette said.

"You forgive too easily," Luka said with a shake of his head.

Juleka was currently over Rose's, so he hadn't had a chance to ask her about the day. Kagami had called him in a rage, and he had almost broken his guitar about it. His mother had helped him calm down in case of an akuma which had fluttered nearby but thankfully, he was calm enough.

"It's not forgiveness really. It's trust. I don't think I can ever trust any of them again. Alya is someone I can't forgive or trust. The same with Adrien. He has known for so long and he did nothing...I know he was home-schooled and doesn't understand social engagement... but still. It doesn't excuse his behaviour. Is it okay if we talk about something else?" Marinette asked, blinking back her tears.