Chapter 11: A Crack in the Kingdom

Marinette was currently in the girl's toilets, sobbing with her knees pulled up to her chest. Tikki was currently beside her, trying to comfort her but also watching out for any potential akumas. Her clothes were starting to smell as well as stain. Her hair had become all matted too. How could they do this? They all just ganged up on her, even when she stayed calm. Her tear streaks stained her cheeks as she looked up at Tikki with blurred vision.

"Why...?" she sobbed.

"This has gone far enough. I will not stand for this!" Tikki said, trying not to let her anger get the best of her.

"The plan aside... I don't know how much more I can take," Marinette said as she hung her head.

She was aware that Morgana anticipated this but at the same time, she never thought they would go this far. A knock on the door then made her look up and for Tikki to hide. She pulled her feet up closer in case it was someone from the class.

"Marinette?" a kind voice asked. Marinette blinked. She knew that voice.

"Aurore?" she asked.

"Yes. I have a spare outfit for you. Mireille is watching for akumas and two others are keeping the class away," Aurore explained.

"I can't take your clothes..." Marinette said.

"I won't take no for an answer! You've done so much for us, some clothes doesn't even begin to show how much we care about you," Aurore replied, warming Marinette's heart. Her hand then cautiously slide through the crack of the door, taking the bag from Aurore.

"Thank you," Marinette said, wiping her tears away. As she pulled off her messing leggings, a thought then came to her. "What happened after... you know."

"Well, the cafeteria could have killed the akuma class with their glares. Think they went for ice cream. Although I did see that new girl on the phone with a scowl on her face. I think she was talking to someone called Kagami? And mentioned someone called Luka?" Aurore said thoughtfully.

"Oh good," Marinette said in relief. She knew Morgana was no good when it came to emotions, but she knew that she had her wellbeing in mind. Also, Morgana knew how protective they were, she was probably going to prevent a double akuma.

"They your friends?" Aurore asked. Marinette paused as she came to think of an answer in order not to expose Morgana.

"Yeah. Morgana is friends with everyone. I think she got Kagami's number since they like playing chess outside of school together. She probably told her about Luka," Marinette said, putting on the freshly scented new clothes.

"Oh, makes sense. I should introduce her to people outside the class. She's not a bully, right?" Aurore asked, not knowing much about the girl.

"No, she's nice. Just shy. She's really smart, you know she beat Lila in chess in three moves?" Marinette said, putting the spare clothes in the plastic bag and stepping out.

"Three moves? Oh, I like her already!" Aurore laughed, then giving Marinette a hug.

"Thank you so much," Marinette said gratefully. Her mind then wandered back to the class. How would she manage her emotions now? Aurore noticed how tense she got. She pulled away and looked into her eyes.

"You worried about your next class?" she asked, getting a nod in return.

"I know Miss Bustier will want me to apologise," Marinette said, making Aurore blink twice at this.

"I'm sorry what?" she asked, quite sure she didn't hear her properly.

"Miss Bustier usually makes me apologise when they... do things. Saying I should set an example by being the better person," Marinette said, making Aurore go red with rage.