Chapter 14: A Storm is Brewing

"Well, you seem okay dear. You don't have a concussion, and nothing seems to be broken," the nurse said as she checked over Morgana. Said girl was sitting on the small bed in the office with Marinette sitting in the corner on a chair.

"Thank you," Morgana said stiffly.

"Are you going to go to the principal about this?" the nurse asked but she just gave a shrug in response.

"She's just shaken up. I'm sure something will be done," Marinette said quickly, seeing how Morgana was twitching in her seat.

The nurse nodded understandably and patted Morgana on the shoulder. Both girls stood up and headed to the door, with Morgana getting a small lolly as she went. As soon as the door shut, Morgana let out a puff of air as she took the wrapper off the lolly and stuck it in her mouth.

"That was perfect," she said with a smile. Marinette seemed flabbergasted.

"What do you mean?" Marinette asked.

"While I did not see Agreste for the aggressive type, he is digging his own grave. If he hadn't done that to me, he would have done it to you. Acting on impulse," Morgana said as she sucked the sweet.

"I never thought of it that way. I didn't think it would happen a second time," Marinette said. Morgana patted her shoulder, although she seemed to dislike the idea of human contact.

"There, there," Morgana said. Marinette merely chuckled at her attempt of comfort. Morgana had already comforted her massively just by helping her.

"So, what is your plan now?" Marinette asked.

"Well, Agreste's reputation is down the toilet so I can check that off my list. Something tells me that the fashion brand is going to take a hit. I think it's the perfect time for another MDC appearance," Morgana said with a smile.

Marinette struggled to hold in her excitement but was right to do so as the girls rounded the corner. Morgana was quick to hunch over and Marinette placed an arm over her. It was noted that Lila was leading the group. Juleka was still there but she didn't look happy.

"Oh my gosh, how are you Morgana?" Lila asked, instantly pulling Morgana away from Marinette. Morgana merely whimpered and covered her eyes.

"The nurse checked her over. Nothing broken!" Marinette said cheerily.

"That's great!" Rose said as she hugged Morgana who did everything in her power not to push her away.

"Ummm... Marinette?" Juleka said as she shuffled forward. Marinette tensed slightly but was surprised when she hugged her. Lila visibly twitched at this, however.

"Thank you for defending Luka," Juleka whispered. Marinette smiled and hugged her back.

"You're welcome," Marinette said warmly.

"Aw..." Lila faked cooed.

This wasn't good. She was hoping to pull a stunt so Marinette would end up being even more of an outcast. But what Adrien just did put a real wrench in her plan. She didn't see what all the fuss was about with the blue haired guitarist. He was weird and mumbled about music too much. Getting him kicked out of his own band was one of her best lies yet. Well maybe she couldn't make them hate Luka...but maybe she could make Luka hate Marinette. Yes! That was perfect!

"If you don't mind me asking, do you know what's happening with the boys?" Marinette asked politely. Alya chose not to answer her, still taking a stance that she was a bully and didn't deserve to know. Rose however didn't share that idea.

"I think they're back in the class now. Miss Bustier is telling him off," Rose answered and Marinette nodded in understanding.

"What? Not going to defend Adrien?" Alya sneered and Marinette blinked at this. Clearly, they hadn't heard about her declaration of distaste for Adrien. Ooh this would be a treat when they found out.