Chapter 3: Pawns

Time seemed to pause as Marinette saw the dark glint in Morgana's eyes. It almost matched Chat Noir's eyes but even they didn't have this much...well she didn't even know how to describe it. Marinette shook her head as Morgana then leaned back in her chair and folded her arms.

"That's...wow, I just don't know what to say," Marinette admitted. Morgana chuckled.

"That's okay, not many people know what to say," she answered.

"So, what's the real reason you're here then? I mean the school you've come from is just so elite?" Marinette asked. She planned on baking so many pastries for this girl as it was nice to find someone who had braincells. Well, an abnormal amount to be honest.

"You got me. I didn't come to learn from your school. I only a put in a transfer for a semester. But when I am through with my business, I'll be going back. If everything goes my way, and it usually does, you'll be coming with me," Morgana explained.

"What?!" Marinette said in shock as her brain screeched to a halt.

"I'll be blunt here. You're wasting your potential at that dump. You're a rising designer, anyone can see that. You're doing online classes because Bustier is a crap teacher. You are in a toxic environment with a sociopathic liar and her sheep who make you anxious and depressed along with a sunshine boy who is too much of a coward to grow a spine," Morgana deadpanned.

"Well, when you put it like that..." Marinette said dejectedly.

She knew her state had gone way downhill, and she was always blunt with everyone in school now, minus a few outside her class. But there was always a small glimmer of hope that they would come through. But Morgana had just extinguished that with blatant honesty.

"Lies don't hurt anyone, honestly, that idiot," Morgana scowled. That caught Marinette's attention. Morgana had been there only a day and the only time they had been in contact with Adrien was at lunch. And even then, he hadn't said that line to her all day.

"How did you know that?" Marinette suddenly asked. She saw Morgana tense slightly.

"Alright, gigs up. Two weeks ago, I was visiting round here for some relatives. I was in the park, and I came across something I didn't like," Morgana said.

FLASHBACK:

Morgana sat on a park bench while licking her ice cream. That guy who sold the love ice cream was passionate for sure. He gave her a mix of ice cream as she was apparently unpredictable. That was fair. She leaned back on the bench as she listened to the fountain trickle behind her. She was in mid-lick until she heard a small yell from behind her. She turned as saw the blurry figures of a bluenette and blonde. She got up off the bench and slowly edged around the seat so she could hear the conversation without being seen. She instantly recognised Agreste but the other girl... not ringing a bell.

"But Adrien, she destroyed my sketchbook! I was planning on using some designs in there to submit to competitions!" the girl said, clearly holding back her tears. Okay, based on attire and lack of materials underneath nail or on skin, not an artist but more designer, Morgana thought; her money being fashion related.

"I realise that Marinette and I am sorry, but it was only a sketchbook. You can always make more," Adrien said in exasperation. He almost seemed bored with the topic, as if it's been discussed numerous times.

"He isn't serious..." Morgana muttered, her opinion of the model instantly going downhill. Art or anything creative in any form took so long to prepare. The fact that he didn't realise that was shocking.

"No I can't! I can't bring anything into school anymore without Lila or anyone taking or destroying my things. I was tripped down the stairs, and I could've broken something," Marinette said tiredly.