Chapter Ten: You Let Me Get Through An Entire Song

• Dedicated to Ashley

Chapter Ten: You Let Me Get Through An Entire Song

Two business meetings later, I was freshening up in my room getting ready for dinner. Kevin insisted on going out to a fancy restaurant. I didn't care either way. I would be happy with something simple like KFC. My mind traveled back to the last time I had been with Kevin. If you could even call it that. He didn't last very long and I didn't want to be disappointed this time.

Becca had called me earlier saying that she had to switch flights and her luggage wouldn't be in for another day or so. She said everyone was snobby and mean to her in L.A. I had told her it was because they are all famous. They don't care about seeing another famous person because it happens all the time. The point was that she had arrived safely.

I picked out a sequin gold and black dress that came about six inches above my knees. There was lace at my breasts and around the bottom. I wore black pumps and held a medium sized gold clutch. I left my dark hair out and slightly wavy. My makeup was very natural but I still put some smoke around my eyes to bring them out. Champagne colored gloss finished up my touch.

When I left my room, Kevin stood up immediately and came forward. He looked absolutely dashing in his dark blue suit and light blue shirt. He wasn't wearing a tie and his hair was brushed to the side very nicely. He had a slight beard growing in nicely. I couldn't help the way my body reacted to him. He was just so panty-dropping gorgeous.

He took my hands and stepped back to get a good look at me. "You look so beautiful, Jasmin."

"Are you just saying that so you can get in my thong later?" I asked with a laugh.

He smiled wickedly. "Is it working?"

"You might want to try a little harder."

He leaned in to kiss my lips. "Ah ah. I'm wearing lip gloss so I can't kiss you."

"I don't care," was his response.

"I care. You're going to mess up my hard work."

He gave me a hearty laugh. Apparently, he hadn't expected me to say that. I honestly couldn't care less about if he got lip gloss on his face. I just didn't feel like reapplying.

The restaurant that he took me to was classy and expensive. I knew as much because they didn't have the prices on their menu. Since I don't eat seafood, I got a dish of veal wrapped in spinach. It sounded decent enough. The veal was kind of bland, but the spinach made up for it.

Kevin once again was full of surprises. He knew what my favorite wine was. He was so attentive to my every need. It felt like the perfect date. It was like he had it all planned to precision. I was on cloud nine for the entire duration of it.

We were in the center of the city at a really nice café getting hot chocolate when he mentioned our previous encounter. "I'm sorry about that time in my office."

"What do you mean?" No man would want me to acknowledge that I hadn't enjoyed being with him.

"I know that it wasn't what you had wanted. I faked it so that we wouldn't have sex."

I wasn't sure whether to believe him or not. Was he really serious? What was all this than? I just sipped at my hot chocolate, waiting for him to continue.

"I swear to you that I'm not lying." He wrapped his hand around mine. "I wanted to do it properly. I know I can be possessive when it comes to something I want. But I'm going to tell you now that I want you."

"You mean to tell me that you faked it so that you could have sex with me in a bed?"

"No, it's more than that. It is virtually impossible to explore every inch of your body with comfort on my desk. It would be an inconvenient mess."