Chapter Eight: There is Nothing Kinky about That

     I looked at Christina smugly. The little bitch actually had the nerve to stick out her tongue at me. The audacity! Luckily, Claire saw her doing it.

     “Christina, go to your room. I will call you down for supper when it is ready.” Tina opened her mouth, but was cut off by her mother. “Do not argue with me, young lady. I’ll see you in an hour.”

     Tina huffed her way up out of the room, muttering things under her breath. When I brought my eyes back to Claire, she was looking at me sweetly. I figured it would probably be best to not seem so eager to see her in trouble. “It’s really no trouble, Claire.”

     She just smiled at me and held out her hand. I took it reluctantly, wondering what was going on. “Come walk with me.” Greg went to follow us, but she waved him off. “Go find your father.”

     “Yes, ma’am.”

     We headed to the back of the house. There was a beautiful garden which filled up most of the backyard. “You have a lovely garden,” I said when the silence began to drive me insane. I wanted to know what was on her mind.

     “Do you love my son, Jasmin?”

     I don’t know why I hadn’t prepared myself for that question. I figured honesty probably wasn’t the best policy in this case. She’d probably throw me out the door Hulk style. That would be terrifying. “I do believe that I love Greg.”

     She actually took that for an answer. “Gregory has told us a lot about you. You seem like a very sweet young lady.”

     “I smiled as best I could. “Your son is much sweeter than I am. He makes it his duty to make sure I am happy. Any time I don’t feel good, he always makes sure that I get better quickly. He’s very attentive to every need. You raised a very wonderful man.”

     “I’m sure I did.”

     We walked in silence for the rest of the time. My mind was reeling the entire time. A servant finally came to tell us that lunch was to be served in five minutes. The dining room was something you would see in a film about some filthy rich bastards. Well, obviously not literally. I laughed to myself as my mind moved with its own thoughts.

     “What are you laughing about?” Tina asked bitterly.

     “Oh, nothing.” I sat down across from her and smiled beautifully.

     “You must have been thinking about yourself then.”

     “No, dear Tina, I was just thinking that this dining room is very beautiful.”

     Claire cut into our conversation. “Are you being rude again, Christina?”

     “Of course not.”

     Mr. Lewis walked in with his head held high. He looked almost exactly like Greg, just older obviously. I wasn’t sure if I should stand or not so I just sat. He came over to me and extended his hand then wrapped both around my hand. I was surprised as he shook my hand enthusiastically. “It’s an absolute pleasure to finally meet you, Jasmin. I had been afraid that Greg had made you up.” He leaned in conspiratorially. “I may have even suspected that his girlfriend were the vacuum.” He turned to Greg. “She’s as beautiful as you described if not more.”

     All these compliments were definitely starting to take a toll on my poor mind. I could feel it expanding and taking up more space in the room. “Thank you very much, Mr. Lewis.”