Chapter Two: Party like LMFAO

Dedicated to Travis_Cranfill for being the first to comment on my chapter.

Chapter Two: Party like LMFAO

     I leaned against the doorway of the kitchen, watching in amusement as Becca nearly gouged out Dan’s eyes. Her robe no longer covered her “goodies”, as she called them, and you could see her matching black lace underwear and bra.

     Entirely unfazed, Harlan set the tray on the marble island and yelled, “Food’s here!”

     Becca jumped up quickly and set her robe back into order. She flicked a stray hair behind her ear as she gave Harlan a bright smile. “What are we eating, gorgeous?”

     He uncovered each dish as he told us. “Here we have spinach salad with apples, oranges, cranberries, and walnuts topped with raspberry walnut vinaigrette. There’s fried chicken in this container and brown rice and black beans in here.”

     Harlan never ceased to amaze me with his various dishes. He always put so much effort and thought into them. I leaned up and kissed his cheek, muttering a thank you. We ate while talking about the day. Dan even joined in, but not before giving Becca the glare of death. Of course, we all laughed at his poor attempt to be serious. Dan left shortly after and Becca went to her room, knowing that I wanted some alone time with Harlan.

     We cleaned the dishes and placed the left-overs in the refrigerator. It didn’t take long for me to find myself in a leg-lock with him. Afterwards, I lay on top of him, his hands around my waist when he started talking. “Are we more than just friends, Jasmin?” I hated when he used my name with a question like that.

     “Of course, babe.” I lay my head on his chest so he couldn’t see me roll my eyes.

     “Let me take you out then.” I thought about what this might entail. It might lead to me being spotted by very important persons. My own apartment was one thing, but being seen with him outside of here might cause some unnecessary drama.

     “Can I pick the place?” I looked at him and even added a slight pout to my lower lip.

     He spoke without thinking. “Absolutely.” He was just happy that I had agreed.

     I took this chance to remind myself that I had told Becca we would go out. I was actually able to get Harlan out of the apartment in the next fifteen minutes. I went through my closet and found the outfit I’d had in mind. It was a simple purple dress that was tight around the bust and waist, but flared nicely around my butt and ended mid-thigh.

     “I want to check out that new club downtown,” Becca said, standing in my doorway. She was wearing a tight royal blue dress. The color looked really nice against her light complexion.

     “Which one is that?”

     “I think it’s called Frexs.”

     I rolled my eyes. I’d heard about that club. It was pretty much a gay club. Not that I had anything against that. My cousin was bi-sexual and she went there all the time. I just wanted to pick up someone fun tonight. “How about we do that on a girls’ night? We can invite Ashley.”

     “I don’t want to talk to that dirty whore,” she sneered.

     “Stop being a spoiled little brat, Becca. Ash is going through a really stressful time with school and asshole boyfriends. You’re supposed to be her best friend.” I loved my friends and I had to make this point to Rebecca before she thought I would just sit here and let her talk like that about Ashley.