Chapter Eleven: I Try Everything Once

     Dan and Ashley sat across the table from me, looking as though they had just said we were taking a trip to the moon… and that was totally a normal thing.

     “How the hell are we supposed to go to Vegas for a long weekend and why?”

     “For shits and giggles,” Becca replied.

     Ashley rolled her eyes. “We haven’t seen each other in forever and I figured it would be a good way to get away and have some fun at the same time.”

     “We are going for shits and giggles,” Becca confirmed a second time.

     Dan looked between both the girls then turned to me. “My dad has a nice place about thirty minutes outside the city so we won’t have to actually stay at a hotel or anything.”

     I had to disagree. “I’m not entirely sure I want to go on this trip; but if we do, we have to stay in a hotel. There is no way one of us can be DD. I sure as hell won’t be.”

     Ashley looked hurt. “You have to come with us. Do you know how boring it will be without you?”

     “You’ll have Becca. She’s plenty entertaining for the both of us,” I said after rolling my eyes.

     “It’s already paid for so you can’t say no,” Dan said.

     Becca turned to all of us. “Well, I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’ve had a pretty shitty day. Invite Harlan over with dinner and we’ll drink.”

     Everyone agreed readily. Harlan brought dinner about thirty minutes later. He ordered pizza for all of us. It had bacon, sausage, and pepperoni on it with a cheesy crust. We all ate most of it, having about four slices each. The guys obviously had more. Becca was the first to bring out the alcohol. She got out my personal favorite: Red Berry Ciroc. She also had bought Pinnacle Chocolate Whipped vodka. I pulled out our shot glasses and poured everyone a shot of Ciroc first. I didn’t want to get too drunk tonight so I stuck with about four shots and two mixed drinks. My mixed drinks usually consist of some form of berry juice, the alcohol, and Mt. Dew. It’s the perfect concoction. I put on one of the Harry Potter movies, hoping we would just watch a movie and relax. That didn’t last very long. Soon after moving into the living room, everyone was having conversations so I paused the movie.

     Dan and Ashley were making out on the floor. It wasn’t too heavy or I would have told them to get a room. Becca and Harlan were sitting on the couch talking. I was simply watching from the same couch, sipping on my concoction and video recording them.

     “I told her to make out with him because her mouth was numb and she wouldn’t feel it anyway.”

     Harlan looked and Becca approvingly. “Making out is always good. Sex can be half and half.”

     “Yeah, it’s totally half and half. Oh my god, the best part was when I was like we weren’t always blood, but now we are because we live together.” She switched the conversation so fast that no one would have been able to follow her.

     “Like period blood?” Harlan asked, sincerely confused. “What does that have to do with being blood? Is that some sort of girl lingo?”

     She just laughed. She had apparently been referring to the fact that we are closer now that we live together.

     Ash spotted my video recording and her hand shot up to block my view. “She’s videotaping us. Oh no, no, no.” She was completely drunk out of her mind. Becca had been matching her and Harlan with shots but Ash is a lightweight.