~THREE~

The darkness choked her like a blanket, draping over her in stifling, unliftable veils. And the quiet? It bored into her skull until all she could hear was the blood rushing through her ears. All her instincts were telling her to turn. To turn, and run, far away from this terrible darkness and terrible quietness. But Sophie fought through it.

"Dex wouldn't lead me wrong." she said out loud, savoring the noisy echoes that bounced throughout the tunnels. For the first time since the trip began, she wasn't completely deprived of hope. She could make noise. She could hear the noise. Sophie had to celebrate the small victories.

To pass the time, she began talking, "Hello!"

Ello....

Ello....

Ello....

Sophie grinned. She was nearing the end of the tunnel. She knew it. "I love Fitz!" she said aloud, savoring the noisy echoes.

Itz....

Itz....

Itz....

Itz....

Sophie hoped that Keefe hadn't heard her. She heard him tripping and stumbling through the darkness a few dozen feet ahead of her. The light was close now. So very, very close. She could almost reach out now. Almost touch those rich, gold, threads of light and thread them through her outstretched fingers and just be warm and feel life!

And then she plunged through the end of the tunnel and onto her knees. The light washed over her in perfect waves. She could sense her friends' minds in the room, even Keefe had made it before her. But... lingering at the edge of her consciousness she could sense the presence of two, quiet minds. She looked up. Among her friends stood two of her least favorite people on earth, Fintan and Ruy.

Sophie's jaw dropped as she realised that in this bright cheery cave, that before had seemed to be a wonderful escape from the darkness was now the place where Fintan and Ruy were holding her best friends hostage.

Fintan grinned his crooked smile, "Miss me?"

A/N: So sorry for that cliffhanger! I promise I will update soon but first, to make up for a short chapter, I would like to address a KOTLC stereotype. Have you, or anyone you know, said that Keefe is vain? I'm here to argue the case that he isn't. If you've ever read Shannon Messenger's Keefe POVs or heard his heartfelt talks to Sophie, then you know he isn't. In fact, he has the lowest self esteem I have ever seen on a book character. The evil Lord Cassius has told him so many times how worthless he is that he actually started to believe it. He is always thinking he is not good enough for Sophie. He jokes about his hair to pretend he has high self esteem and hide his broken self from Sophie, so she can lean on him and show HER broken self. So in conclusion, Keefe only pretends to be vain, and that is the end of my space filling rant.

A/N: I agree with Skylar, Keefe is just a big teddy bear. He's so sweet-he could never be vain. (Also, please comment and vote who you think should marry the KOTLC person-to-be-named-later, Me or Skylar, eww)

A/N: An adorably loyal, sarcastic teddy bear is what I'd call him. SO MUCH SARCASM!!! (Keefe is my hero when it comes to sarcasm)

COMMENT WHICH ONE OF US SHOULD MARRY KOTLC MYSTERY BOY! PLEAAAAAAAASE! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE!

Love y'all byeeee