~ELEVEN~

500 Views Special: TAM AND MALUM

Tam POV:

Tam rushed to the entrance to Havenfield.

A/N: I'm so sorry but confession time: That sentence about Tam took me about 10 tries to write. I have severe writers block so I may write badly in this chapterrrrrrrrrrrr.

Tam stopped when he heard a crack coming from the thicket of trees nearby. He spun on his heel and stopped in his tracks when he saw a dark hooded figure bearing the Neverseen symbol on their sleeve slouching in the shade of a tall tree.

"Who are you?" Tam shouted.

The figure whipped back her hood to reveal stunning black hair that fell in front of... green eyes?

"Malum. Surely your friends have told you all about me," she spoke as she cracked bright gum between her teeth.

Tam was speechless. He felt hypnotized by her beauty and had no idea what to say.

"Want some? It's human gum, I picked it up on an mission the other day," Malum tossed a small box to Tam with the words 'ice cubes' written on the front of it. "What's the matter, scared of me?" Malum whispered as she strode closer to Tam in an elegant way.

Tam just stared into her beautiful green eyes.

Malum flicked her hair sharply and blew a giant bubble with her gum. "Oh, they probably wouldn't have told you about me. They know me by a different name."

"What would that be?" Tam forced himself to ask, remembering that she was the enemy.

"Magnific, of course."

"Magnific?"

"How rude. They must have forgotten to mention me. You see, I'm the Neverseen's mesmer."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Oh, you'll know soon enough," Malum whispered into his ear.

Tam felt his cheeks heat up and he knew he must have been blushing furiously.

"Wanna know something else?"

Tam nodded his head.

"I'm a Shade too, just like you."

Tam took this as an opportunity to read her shadowvapor and was surprised when there wasn't as much as he thought there would be. But she was a part of the Neverseen, he must have been mistaken. Maybe he hoped there was good in her.

"Tam!" a voice screamed. "TAM! Sophie needs you!!"

It only took a second for Tam to realize that the voice was Linh.

"Tam..." for a second, Malum's smirk faded and she looked... almost friendly. "Looks like that's my cue! Too bad I didn't get a chance to visit poor Sophie like I'd hoped."

For some weird reason, Tam felt sad that Malum/Magnific was leaving. But he was incredibly shocked when Malum pulled out a yellow leaping crystal, leaned forward, kissed Tam right on the lips, and disappeared in a flash of light.

When Linh arrived next to Tam, he still stood in the same position, his eyes wide and his heart beating rapidly.

"Tam? You ok?"

Tam didn't reply. He was still too focused on Malum's beautiful hair. Her teasing smile. Her green eyes. Her Neverseen robe. Had Tam just started an affair with a member of the Neverseen? Even worse, the Neverseen's mesmer? And shade? Why were her eyes green? Why did she tell him secrets?

A cold splash of water to Tam's face shook him out of the trance.

"TAM!"

"Sorry." Tam murmured, stalking back to the house.

Tam's mind buzzed with thoughts.

Why did Malum like him?

Was she just faking?

Had she mesmerized him into not attacking?

Did she have twisted DNA like Sophie, and maybe that was why she had green eyes?

But the most important question:

Why did Tam like her back?