~SIXTEEN ~

Keefe was shaking his arm around in wild circles and sort of screaming - And Sophie was just sitting there with her shirt englulfed in flames. What was happening?

"TAM!!!" Keefe screamed.

"What now Keefe, need me to take care of you again?" Tam's voice echoed from the hallway. "Oh my goodness. Keefe is a living fireplace!!"

"Tam you dimwit help him!" Linh screamed as she ran into the room.

"Linh, Get out!" Tam countered, grabbing Linh's arm and dragging her out of the room.

"No!!" Linh screamed from out in the hall. Sophie was in too much shock to think, but when she saw the horrified look on poor Keefe's face, she snapped out of it.

She telepathically transmitted a message to Elwin, Livvy, and Marella, telling them all the same thing: Keefe is in trouble, come help now!

Marella replied first. What can I do? I'm not a healer or anything.

Elwin and Livvy replied together. Got it.

Sophie hurriedly responded to Marella with a quick, "You'll know why if you just get over here.."

Soon the burning became too much for Sophie and she collapsed on the ground, trying to scuff out the flame desperately.

"Foster!" Keefe screamed over the flames as they consumed her room entirely. "I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. I hurt you."

"Keefe, that is not the point right now!" Sophie screamed back to him. "Right now, we need to focus on surviving. Since you are immune to the flames, you run to the door and get help!""

"One small problem. I'm not immune. It must be some sort of ability glitch thing. So time for plan B."

"And what's that?"

"Say our deepest secrets and die peacefully." Keefe flipped his singed hair and smirked deviously.

"Ugh, really, Keefe?"

"You first, Foster. I already know your secret. You dig the Keefester." He wiggled his eyebrows playfully.

"Oh, shut your mouth Keefe and focus on the real problem!" Sophie used her telekinesis to move her bed in between her and the door to act as a path, but it burnt up quickly.

"I'll go then." Keefe paused, then inched closer to Sophie and looked at her somewhat seriously. "Foster, I-"

Just then, Livvy, Elwin, and Marella rushed into the room. Marella was able to control the flames and create a small path for Keefe and Sophie to stumble out of the room on. They both collapsed on top of each other out side the door. The rest of the night was a blur to Sophie and she just focused on trying to get a little bit of much needed sleep.

Which she did not.
But she couldn't help wondering- what was Keefe going to say?