~TWENTY-ONE~

Fitz gulped as he walked up to Calla's tree, where he could clearly make out Sophie's form sitting in the shade. Why had Sophie invited him here? He couldn't let himself hope for the best, otherwise he could be crushed again. Sophie caught his eye, smiling, and waved him over.

"Hey!" Fitz smiled and sat down next to her. "How are you holding up?"

"I'm ok, but that's not what I called you here to talk about." Sophie smiled uncertainly at Fitz. He felt shivers run down his spine. What was she about to say to him? "I want to get it over with."

"Is everything ok, Sophie?" was all Fitz could mutter as his nerves jumbled into knots withing his stomach.

"I have to tell you something."

Could it be?

Fitz couldn't get his hopes up.

But then again, why else would Sophie call him here unless she wanted to get back together?

Fitz felt bubbly as he let the hope pool in his stomach.

This was the day he had been dreaming about! Sophie was his and he could rub it in Keefe's face.

"Here I go." Sophie sucked in a huge breath. "MeandKeefearetogethernowIhopewecanstillbefriendsIdon'twantanyawkwardnessbetweenus."

Fitz froze. Was he hallucinating?

"Phew! That was easier than I thought!" Sophie spat out, breathing deeply from the rush of wordflow. 

Fitz couldn't move.

"Fitz? Hello?" Sophie said, shaking him vigorously. 

"Oh..."Fitz murmured. "Um, I have to go." Fitz jumped from the ground, his knees feeling like jelly as he wobbled away from Sophie and held up his crystal, vanishing.

A/N: heh, that was one of the most awkward chapters I've ever had to write. I sort of feel bad for Fitz honestly. In a I-hate-Fitz kind of way. What should I do for my next chapter? Continue the story, Tam and Malum part 3, or SoKeefe awesomeness chapter part 3? Vote below.

Comment here for continue the story:

Comment here for Tam and Malum:

Comment here for SoKeefe:

Also, I'm really starting to like the Talum ship! Or should I call it Mam?  Of course, nothing will ever live up to SoKeefe. 

🐢 This is Harry Hibiscus Elephante III. Harry is lost and misses his mommy! Each vote will get him closer to home. Will you leave a vote to help out Harry Hibiscus?