Chapter Four

"I'm only asking you to do one thing for me for fucks sake!" I hear someone yell and then a door being slammed in which I could safely assume was anger. I move my arms around to get some blood flowing, but I knew no position would make this comfortable.

"So, what's your name?" The tanned one asks acting overly nice while entering the room once again and I try to keep my cool.

"Her name is Hailey" The curly haired guy answers for me, walking in behind him.

"You should have seriously put a lock on your phone" The tanned one says laughing then retreating to the kitchen and I try to stay calm, but who knows how much these creeps know about me now. Honestly I was more worried about him going through my camera roll, I had quite the collection of selfies that needed to be deleted once I finally accepted they were not salvageable no matter what filter I was to use.

"I didn't take you as a fan of Ed Sheeran" He states and I sigh. His music was something to help me release my pain to, it was calming and at the same time his songs were what finally got me to let out all the emotions and tears that I had been holding in.

Sometimes its as if everything bad in my life was becoming so common that I couldn't bring myself to cry the pain out anymore. Like the pain was something I was getting so overly used to, and that's when I would resort to music to help me let it out in a way. You would think that the only pain worth speaking about is physical, but when the emotional pain becomes so overwhelming that you stop feeling all together, that's when you know you've lost.

"Look, we might as well have the talk now" He says sitting in front of me and I suddenly felt very vulnerable and scared in front of him but for some strange reason when I looked into his dark green eyes I felt...safe? As if I knew he wouldn't ever hurt me. 

 But before he could say anything his friend started talking.

"You've seen too much and basically it's like this now, you tell anyone you die, you try to find out more, you die, so stay on our good side alright?" The tanned one states taking a sip of his drink then walking away upstairs, and I could feel the curly haired guys stare burning me.

"You get to go home today but if you tell your mom anything or anyone anything you will face the consequences" He says with his deep raspy voice, he had an accent but I couldn't quite put my finger around where he was from. Definitely some place in Britain.

"Hailey.." He says snapping me out of my thoughts and I realize I had been staring right at him.

"I won't" I say answering his statement from before while rolling my eyes.

"I'll be keeping a close eye on you, and I'll pick you up from work every day and you'll be staying with me" He says as if any moment now he expected me to say "yes master" and I scoff.

"No" I say with no trace of humour in my voice and he smirks.

 "Well you don't have a choice baby" He says getting up and walking away.       

 ***

It had only been about two hours when I actually started believing I was losing parts of my sanity. The jerks didn't even have the heart to let me out of this stupid chair even when I begged and promise to co-operate. If they were allowing me to leave in a bit anyways I don't see why I would be causing mayhem by sitting comfortably on the damn couch. 

Which bring me to my next point which is, what the shit kind of kidnapping is this? They're allowing me to leave yet they say they'll be watching me? Why let me leave in the first place, not that I'm complaining. But besides all of that, there's still a huge thing I don't comprehend at all, I'm here because I know things I shouldn't when in reality I'm more confused than any other person on the streets. I have no idea what these idiots do other than temporarily kidnap innocent people.

I start feeling anxious from being trapped on this chair and having to stare at blank wall for hours. It makes me angry, and confused but most of all extremely frustrated, when I'm frustrated I cry. Not that I want to, it just happens. 

I'm guessing the sound of my sniffling had disturbed the damn king as he angrily got up, throwing his phone on the couch and made his way ten feet over to my chair.

"What the hell is it now!" He exclaimed unamused.

"What else am I supposed to do when you have me handcuffed to a freaking chair for hours!" I say raising my voice and he pulls out a gun from his pocket holding it under my chin making me shiver at the coldness of it.

"Listen you little bitch, before you start raising your voice at me remember what I can do to you" He hisses and I gulp. He forces the gun even harder against my skin making me whimper in pain.

"Jay" The curly haired guy growls from behind.

"What did I ask of you?" He says as his hands twitch and clentch and Jay laughs.

"I didn't even touch her though" Jay says smugly and I feel tears burning my eyes.

"Just go" He says and Jay scoffs grabbing his jacket, gun and a box of cigarettes walking out the door.

The curly haired guy sighs looking at me but before he could say anything my phone rang, and before I could protest he was already checking the caller ID.

"Who's Seth?" He mutters and I frown, I was supposed to meet up with him after work today he probably hates me right now.

"None of your business" I say and he glares at me before his expression falters into a smirk as accepts the call.

"Hello" He says smirking.

"Oh she's a bit busy right now, I can take a message though" He says and I mouth hangs wide open. It was obvious that there wasn't going to be a message for me, as I had basically stood him up and now some random guy answered my phone. There was a short pause before he spoke again.

"...i'm her boyfriend, sure I'll her know" He said ending the call.

"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW! YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET HIM TO ASK ME OUT! YOU STUPID IDIOT!!" I yell trashing in the chair and he laughs.

"Well then, welcome to hell" He says sitting down on his couch and continuing to go through my phone.

I tried to move my hands out of the handcuffs but I ended up having the metal squeeze on my wrist where I had fresh cuts. I hissed at the pain making him look up.

 "What?" He asked concern flashing through his eyes.

"Nothing" I say coughing but he sees right through my lie and walks over raising his eyebrows.

"The handcuffs are tight, but whatever" I say hoping he would leave; the last thing I need is for him to see my scars.

"Jay is an idiot" He mutters as he walks around me to check the handcuffs but he was interrupted when Jay returned.

"S we have a serious problem" Jay says and they both go into the room to talk. Seriously... S? That's the stupidest name ever, maybe it stands for something. Well of course it stands for something. Man I can be so dense sometimes.

"What do you mean" S says. "We cant just leave her here" He adds with a sigh.

"Fine" Jay says and they come out of the room.

"Look we have to go finish some business and you're coming with us" S says as Jay unlocks the handcuffs.

"But I don't want to go" I said as my heart hammered against my chest.

"You don't have a choice" S says as Jay drags me into their car.

Well I guess I'll finally find out what it is they exactly do.