Chapter Seven

I stood there for a moment that seemed a lot longer in my head as I tried to come up with an un suspicious response. I stumbled on my words at first, not even having the courage to look her in the eyes as I finally came up with a plausible answer.

"I borrowed Shay's car because I had to work the late shift tonight and Beau had picked her up" I lied through my teeth, feeling my heart beat increasing to an abnormal pace and my cheeks burning up. It was a decent lie, but I'm really hoping she was too exhausted to catch on.

"Alright, just make sure to put some gas into it before you drop it off"  She says giving me a tired smile and then retiring to her room. I close my eyes and take a few deep breaths to somewhat compose myself before closing my door and hearing the closet open slowly.  

"You are a shit liar!" S says coming out of the closet.

"And you are a shit person" I retort not really meaning my words but somehow regretting them as he lets out a long shaky breath.

"Do you really think that?" He asks, and for the first time I see insecurity laced in heavily in his expression.

"What is it that you actually do?" I ask not wanting to answer his question before I had a few answers of my own,  and he looks at me for a moment before responding.

"The less you know the better" He says honestly before making his way over to my bed and taking a seat near the edge.

"And why is that?" I retort not wanting to be anymore in the dark then I already was.                          

"Look" He says roughly. "Your curiosity is what got you in this position in the first place so just back off"  

Just when I thought he may not be such a bad guy this darker side of him re-appears. It felt as if anything to do with his life pushed a button that made his personality drastically switch. And to be completely honest, I was starting to think that my mind had already come up with much worse ideas of his "job" than the truth would actually bring.

"I don't want to see you getting hurt, or anyone for that matter. The people I'm dealing with aren't good in any way and I don't want to see you getting tangled up in this mess. Jay and the boys should have been far more careful not getting caught but I promise I'll try my best to get you out of it" He said honestly. 

"But you have to be kidding me here, this isn't even a real kidnapping I mean you let me leave but linger around, that's just creepy" I state and he shakes his head.

"You'd rather we kill you?" He asks and I cringe at how nonchalant he sounded.

"I'm going to bed" I state, having dealt with enough for the night but paused when I realized I obviously only have one bed and I don't know if he actually intended on sleeping here.

"Okay" He says nonchalantly and starts undressing himself.

I stare at him wide eyed as both articles of clothing came off leaving him standing in front of me in only boxers. I felt like an idiot gaping at him but my mind was thinking too fast for words to actually form.

He smirks cockily and I manage to finally tear my eyes away from him biting the inside of my cheek.

"What are you- why?" I ask barely able to form a sentence. Oh god his abs and his v-line and- Stop it Hailey! I turn around to face the wall and try to calm my erratic breathing.

"I always sleep like this, hope you don't mind" He whispers in my ear and I feel chills going down my spine. I didn't even sense him move across the room.

I awkwardly give a tight smile as I turn around keeping my gaze on the floor as I climb into my bed, I asked him to sleep on the floor but he obviously declined and after a few minutes of debate I finally gave up, feeling far too exhausted after the days events.

He walks around and I feel the bed dip as he lies down next to me, it was wrong for me to even feel this way towards a guy I didn't even know and worse he had threatened his way into my life to begin with. I close my eyes and take a deep breath taking in everything that had happened today. I feel him move closer to me and my breath hitches in my throat as he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls my back flat against his chest.

"I also like to cuddle" He says and I pray that he cant hear how hard my heart was beating against my chest.

This boy will be the death of me.