Chapter Twelve

Listen to Demons-Imagine Dragons.

I had changed into some clothes my mom had left at the front counter and then left the hospital. I walked around for a bit and then I sat down on the bench crying into my hands, most people would think I'm over reacting right now and that things were simple, all I had to do was say yes to S right?

No.

No because I'm worthless but mostly because I'm afraid of him. I'm afraid of what he's capable of and what he might do to me. What if all of this is just one big game for him? Make me fall in love with him so I let my guard down and then he can attack.

I wont let that happen. I will never fall in love with Spencer.

"There she is!" I hear someone yell and I turn around to see Jay running towards me with a stranger. I jump up from the bench and start running for my life..literally.

I scream and thrash as he roughly picks me up and throws me into the van.

"Shut the fuck up" The stranger says and I whimper looking down as tears continue to fall down my cheeks.

"Spencer will kill you if you hurt me" I say gaining a bit of confidence and Jay laughs.

"Who do you think sent us?" He says and my body shudders, as a wave of goose bumps arise.

He hates me too now, why wouldn't he? I rejected him with no reasoning whatsoever. I shouldn't care so much but the thing is, S was always there to protect me but if he hates me now then...oh no.

"Let's go!' He yells grabbing my upper arm with full force and pulling me out of the van.

"Ahh-ouch" I yell loosing feeling in my arm but he pays no attention to my pain as he drags me into the house. He takes me into a room and throws me in, locking the door behind him. I lightly touch my upper arm where I could now see a big bruise forming in the shape of his fingers as well as some blood coming out from where his nails had pierced through my skin. I hiss wiping the blood and sit down on the bed in the middle of the room.

What were they going to do to me?

"She's in there" I hear Jay say.

"Did you say anything to her?" I hear someone ask.

"No" Jay responds.

My breath hitches in my throat as I hear footsteps approach closer to the room I was in. I crawl further back in the bed and bury my face in my knees as the door opens.

"Hailey" I hear S say and I look up at him with tears in my eyes.

"Here" He says coldly placing a tray of food on the bed, he makes no eye contact with me the entire time. I see him look at my arm and his expression hardens as his hands turn into fists. He looks me in the eyes with the same angered expression.

"Who did this?" He growls.

"J-Jay" I whisper afraid and he calms down. The only reason he could be angry about me being hurt is if he cared right? He seemed to be thinking about something for a moment before he responded.

"You probably deserved it" He spits walking out of the room and leaving me hurt and confused.

My bottom lip trembles as more tears start to fall. I think its too late now, I had already fallen for him and his words just hurt more than the pain that Jay had caused me.

My eyelids start feeling heavier and I fall asleep crying once again.

**

Spencer left the room, his heart aching after seeing Hailey hurt from his cold behaviour, but its what he had to do. He couldn't like the girl that almost sent him and his friends to jail, he had sugercoated it a bit in the hospital about how her information would have meant nothing to the police but he didn't want to scare her. He couldn't want her so much that even looking at another girl seemed absurd to him. He was a player that could get any girl he wanted but this..this girl was changing him and he hated it. But he also couldn't help but want to hurt anyone who ever hurt his Hailey.

"What the fuck man!" Spencer hisses at Jay who looks at him confused.

"What?" He asks completely calm as he grabbed a beer from the fridge.

"Her arm you little bitch!" Spencer hisses his neck vein becoming more and more prominent as he took deep breaths and tried not to kill his 'friend'.

"Why do you care?" Jay says eyeing him suspiciously.

"I don't" Spencer says.

"Bu-" Jay starts but Spencer cuts him off.

"Just stay the fuck away from her got it?" He says towering over him.

"Whatever man" Jay says sitting down on the couch, Spencer goes into the washroom and turns the sink tap on splashing water on his face.

Get your shit together Spencer He thinks to himself while looking in the mirror. He shakes his curls out of his face and walks out of the washroom.

"I'm taking her back home" Spencer says.

"I thought she was staying till 4am again" Jay says and he shakes his head.

"She just got released from the hospital today, her mom will get suspicious if shes not home" Spencer lies.

"Whatever" Jay says returning his attention towards the tv.

Spencer unlocks the door and walks into the room where Hailey was laying on the bed. He walks closer and sees her sleeping, he tries not to feel like pain when he sees her tear stained cheeks but he fails. He lets out a deep breath and shakes the thoughts out of his head as he lifts her up carefully and walks out to his car gently placing her in the passanger seat buckling her in. He was driving very carefully not wanting to risk anything happening again.

They pull up to her house and he carries her to the door, knocking and then patiently waiting. Her mom answers the door.

"She fell asleep in the car" Spencer says.

"Just take her upstairs" She says emotionless and Spencer notices how tired and hurt she looked so  he just followed her instructions and took her to her room.

 He tucks Hailey in and then walks downstairs.

"Ms.Kaler?" He says cautiously and she turns around.

"Did you know?" She asks and silence fills the room.