Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Stop" I laugh rolling to the opposite end of the bed.

"Oh come on, you can't resist all of this babe" Spencer says sticking his chest out.

I smack him lightly.

"You are so full of yourself" I say looking at the ceiling.

"You could be full of me too" He says tilting his head as he smirked at me. I let out a loud laugh and face him.

"Where do you even come up with these things" I say taking a good look at him. His hair was messy as we had just woken up, his emerald eyes were still a bit glossy capturing his tired look, he had stubble all along his jaw and down his chin. My eyes slowly trail over to soft pink lips.

"Done checking me out yet babe" He says rolling on top of me.

He breathes heavily looking me in the eyes with an intensity that I couldn't understand. He leans in and kisses me softly and then pulls away. I groan frustrated and arch my back trying to capture his lips into mine once again but he tisks pinning my arms above my head with one arm and using the other to keep me planted on to bed.

"Will you quit being such a tease" I say exasperated.

"I will, as soon as you quit being such a pain in the ass" He says smirking.

"Oh I'm sure you'd love to be a pain in my ass" I say returning his smirk and he looks at me with wide eyes as his jaw drops.

He starts laughing hard and squishes me by putting all his weight onto me.

"Can't. Breathe. Bitch" I say trying to get out from under him.

"I googled "who gives a shit?" and my name didn't pop up" He says sassily.

"If you don't move right now something else won't be popping up for a very long time" I threaten.

He chuckles rolling off of me and I take a dramatic intake of breath.

"I don't think I'm a very good influence on you" He says still laughing.

I roll over and he grabs my arms steadying me as I leaned up and kissed him hard. He didn't fight me this time. He pulled away for a second and looked at me with that same intense feeling and I realized what it was.

Love.

I jolt awake confused of my surroundings and then sigh leaning back into my pillow.

I feel the tears pour out before I could stop them. Its been like this for the past 7 months, some nights I would have dreams about the times I spent with Spencer making it even harder to move on. I sit up wincing a bit. I lift my shirt up to examine the now purple bruise on my left hip. I close my eyes and try to numb out the pain, emotional and physical.

I wish things were different, the biggest mistake of my life was leaving that night.

"I'm so sorry Spencer" I whisper.

"Get up!" I open my eyes terrified as he walked up to the bed. Grabbing me by my hair he pulled me out of my bed.

"Ahh Ah" I cry out in pain.

"Shut. UP" He hisses and I bite on my tongue to prevent making any noises.

I whimper and he smirks throwing me on the floor and bending down to be at eye level with me. I look down knowing that looking him in the eyes would only anger him more.

"Good girl" He says and I cringe as he runs his hand through my hair.

"Your mom isn't home, how about we have some fun yeah?" He asks and I look up at him disgusted before getting up and reaching under my pillow for my gun.

He looks at me with rage and take a step forward so I point the gun at him not shaking or looking scared in any way. I had trained the past 5 months for this day.

"Put the gun down" He says calmly and I smirk.

"Fuck you" I say shooting him once in each leg.

He cries out and I give him a good kick in the balls before grabbing my packed bags and heading out the door.

I put the bags into the trunk and head back into the house and wait for the cops to show up.

After the day that my mom and I had arrived here in New Jersey everything was finally seeming okay, she was mother that I had never had and we were bonding but of course good things never last. After 2 weeks of being here she started seeing this guy, William. The scumbag that I just shot. He treated my mom like shit and definitely didn't leave me alone. I tried to tell her but she wouldn't listen to me claiming that 'he would never do such a thing'.

"This should be more than enough to keep him locked up" The officer says after he watched the footage I recorded of William sneaking into my room trying to touch me and beating me whenever I pried him off of me. I was lucky that he was never able to get with me but that resulted in a lot of physical damage to my body.

"Hailey?" My mom calls walking into the house obviously confused as to why there were officers in the house and all out on the front lawn.

"Hai-" She freezes when she sees William handcuffed and on a buggy being wheeled out to the ambulance outside.

I wasn't going to be charged since it was all self defense.

"WHAT DID YOU DO!" She screams lunging at me. I take a step back startled to say the least.

"He told me to get rid of you and I should have listened" She said and I feel my heart beat faster.

"What are you talking about mom, he attacked me!" I shout and she scoffed.

"First you drove your father away, then you get involved into gang shit and have me relocated here and then when Im finally happy with someone you take that away from me to!" She shouts and I start crying.

"Mom-" I start but she cuts me off.

"Do not call me that" She said and ran after William.

And just like that I was alone again.