Chapter Nine

He grabs my hand leading me over to my door but I quickly stop him opening my mouth to speak and ignoring his annoyed expression.

"And just exactly how do you plan on getting out?" I ask knowing my mother would be right outside.

He raises an eyebrows amused at my concern and makes his way towards the door.

"S" I hiss. I've never brought a boy home before so I wasn't even sure what exactly I was afraid of which made me even more nervous about him making himself known. 

My thoughts had distracted me and I didn't even notice when S opened the door and headed out to the living room, I followed suite and groaned when my mom put the morning paper down to study him and got up off the couch.

"Hailey I didn't know you had company" She says sternly her eyebrows raised.

"I..yeah" I say looking anywhere but in her eyes.

"Hi Ms.Kaler, I'm Spencer" He says shaking my moms hand, and she seemed somewhat pleased with his manners.

"Please call me Trisha" She says smiling politely but with an edge to her tone.

"Care to explain why I wasn't informed that this young man was in your room all night Hailey Anne?" She asks and I cringe knowing I was in for it now.

"I'm extremely sorry about that Trisha, and I actually got here early in the morning" He says looking over at me and giving me a 'just go with it' look. My mothers concerned look quickly dropped and she honestly only looked amused, as if she knew he was definitely in my room all night long.

"So you guys are dating?" She asks with a huge smile and I blush, my mom's overly excited approach was not going to go unnoticed by him.

"Mom" I groan embarrassed and surprisingly they both laugh.

"I hope you don't mind but I was just about to take her out for a bit" He asks politely.

"No not at all" She says waving her hands and I sigh walking towards the door.

"Oh and Spencer honey would you like to join us for dinner tonight?, I have the day off and I haven't got the chance to ever cook for Hailey's um- friends before, she isnt really social you see" She says and I groan.

"Oh it would be my pleasure" Spencer says wrapping his arm around my waist making my mom squeal.

"Mother" I hiss.

"Okay okay" She says laughing and raising her hands up as if she were surrendering, then walking into the kitchen.

Spencer helps me into the car, not to my approval or wishing if I must add, and then he began to drive.

"So where-" I start saying but close my mouth remembering what he had said earlier about me not asking. I see him smirk from the corner of my eye and I lean my head against the window looking out at the different cars passing by and the pedestrians going about their lives.

Do you ever just look at someone and wonder what their lives are like? I tend to pass time when I'm in the car by looking into different cars and trying to guess what that persons life may be like. Its crazy to think that every single person has a completely different life, a different view on the world, different school, clothes, home. Just everything that they do in their daily life is so different from myself.

"Hey, you're not actually coming tonight are you?" I ask not looking away from the window. 

"Why wouldn't I?" He retorts and I sigh.

"Don't give my mom false hope" I say hurt, knowing my mom was now extremely excited and going to rave on and on to her friends about him while trying to cook the perfect meal for him. 

From the corner of my eye I see him look over at me and he opens his mouth to speak but closes it again furrowing his eyebrows.

"I'm not that bad of guy Hailey" He says defeated.

"I don't even know you" I state honestly.

"Then ask" He states and shake my head, but then decided if this man was going to kill me I may as well know him a little right? 

Shit, I was losing my mind. 

"What's your favourite movie?" I ask and he looks over at me amused but still smirking leaving me mentally cursing myself for asking such a stupid question.

"I'm more of a reality tv guy actually" He says and now it was my turn to be overly amused. 

"You're shitting me" I said with a slight laugh.

"Don't judge me like that okay" He said faking authority. "I gotta keep up with krackheads" 

I let out a loud unattractive laugh at his creative name and he gave his first genuine smile since I've met him. 

As much as I hate to admit it, the next 15 minutes were filled with dumb questions more laughter than I've ever experienced in my life. 

"Why are you in this- gang thing?" I ask still uncertain of what they really even were. 

After a moment of silence I think he wasn't going to reply but he surprises me when he does.

"I didn't choose t-?" He begins looking at me and I lift my head off from the window and stare at him for for a minute but he never got to finish his sentence as a loud screeching noise made my heart skip a beat and after that it was all a blur.