Chapter 12- Phase

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. There was no way in hell I was getting married to Blaise. 

Sure he was the best friend I could have ever asked for but that doesn't mean I want to marry him.

I looked over at Blaise and he looked just as shocked as I was. The crowd clapped and went back to dancing but I was frozen and so was Blaise, Draco and Pansy. 

This could not be happening. Surely my mother knew I didn't swing that way. I thought it was plainly obvious considering I never showed any interest in any of the boys she had tried to set me up with. For fucks sake, I even had the lesbian flag painted on my trunk! How much more obvious could I be?!

I was interrupted from my thoughts by my mother pulling my arm roughly leading me into the kitchen. I growled and yanked my arm from her grasp and followed her, Pansy, Draco and Blaise right behind me. 

I stormed into the kitchen and whirled around and faced my mother. "Can you please explain what the fuck in going on," I practically shouted. 

I heard Draco quickly mutter a silencing spell so no one could hear us, but I didn't care right now. My mother narrowed her eyes. "What do you mean, what's going on? You should have known that you would be wed one day. Be thankful I cared enough to find you a husband you ungrateful brat," she spat, her voice dripping with venom. 

I felt anger boil inside of me. "For the love of all that's holy, I don't want a husband and even if I did it wouldn't be Blaise, no offence," I said. 

Blaise sat on the counter. "None taken sweetheart, 'sides I've already got my eye on someone," he said smirking. 

My mother narrowed her eyes at him. "That will no longer be necessary as the two of you are being wed whether you like it or not," she said, snarling. 

I groaned. "Mother, I don't want to marry Blaise or any man! For the last time, I like girls! Nothing will ever change that," I practically shouted. 

My mother just scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Your just going through a phase, you'll grow out of it. A woman is supposed to be with a man. That's the way it is and always will be," she said.

"This isn't a phase, its who I am! And I'm in love with the girl of my dreams and I'm the happiest I've been in my entire life. If you can't accept that, then your going to have to get over it," I said.

My mother got right up in my face. "No daughter of mine will be a lesbian. You will be a lady and do as your told without questions," she said. 

At that moment, Narcissa walked in. She felt the tension in the room and pulled my mother away. "What's going on in here," she asked. 

My mother scoffed in disgust. "She refuses to get married to Blaise because apparently she's a lesbian but she's just going through a phase. It isn't natural for two women to be together," she said.

Narcissa looked at her and raised an eyebrow. "So we're not going to mention Alecto Carrow then," she asked. 

I saw my mother freeze. "Cissa your dead," she said, clenching her jaw. 

"What about her," I asked. I knew there was something I wasn't being told. 

My aunt looked at me and smirked. "Before you mother married your father, her and Carrow had a bit of a fling. One thing led to another and your mother fell in love but it turns out Carrow was just using her to get to the dark lord," she said.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "So your telling me, that the most homophobic woman in the world, fell in love with Alecto Carrow," I asked in disbelief. 

Narcissa nodded. "Yup. She never got over it which is why she is like she is," she said.

My mother sent her sister a death glare. "I did get over it by realizing it wasn't natural. It's supposed to be man and woman, nothing else," she said. 

I started to say something but Draco put a hand on my arm. "If liking the same gender is wrong then I don't want to be right," he said,  looking at his mother and aunt. 

Narcissa smiled, as if she had known all along. "I knew it, I've seen the way you look at that Potter boy," she said, smirking a bit. 

Draco was shocked. "You knew," he asked, shocked. 

Pansy and Blaise snickered. "Practically everyone knows mate. Even Weasley knows. The only one who doesn't is Potter," Blaise said. 

Pansy laughed. "Yeah why do you think Ginny backed off of him," she said. 

I smirked a bit. "It is pretty obvious, sorry," I said. 

Draco sighed and ran his hands over his face. My mother groaned. "I don't care about some stupid little phase you're going through," she said. 

What I did next shocked me. I walked up to my mother and slapped her as hard as I could. "It isn't a phase and if you can't accept me then I'm no longer your daughter," I said. 

My mother barely flinched but I saw the red hand print on her cheek. "I always knew you were a disgrace," she said. 

When she said that, it felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest. "I would rather be a disgrace then to be in a family that doesn't support me," I said.

I quickly ran up to my room and slammed the door and burst into tears.