10 Past 6

Lefou cautiously walked up to the front window to lay his sights on Stanley, seeming to cheerfully head into town. Lefou turned his back to the wall and slid down the cold stone until he landed safely on the concrete ground. Lefou sighed lightly and took out his pocket watch.

'10 past 6 huh?' Lefou thought as noted the current time of 40 past 2. 

Suddenly, the front door swung open to reveal Gaston proudly holding a dead rabbit in his hand. 

"Good afternoon my friend! I have brought back a delicious dinner!" Gaston tossed the lifeless rabbit on the table and smiled at Lefou.

"H-hey Gaston! Welcome home. How was the hunting? Seems like it was a success," Lefou nodded to the kill.

Gaston let out a deep laugh. "I absolutely did! Now we can enjoy a lovely dinner tonight," he let out a happy sigh as he sat on his favorite chair. 

Lefou walked up to Gaston and scratched the back of his head. 

"About that...I have to skip out on dinner tonight," Lefou explained.

Gaston raised a brow in confusion, Lefou never had plans. "Why, you have a date or something?" Gaston joked and chuckled.

Lefou blushed slightly and shrugged. "S-so what if I did?"

Gaston lowered his brows and tapped his fingers against the oak table. 

'Lefou is going on a date? With whom? Why? Not that I care of course. Why would I care? He can do whatever he wants with whomever he wants. Ugh I am feeling sickly all the sudden, what the hell?' Gaston abruptly stood up from his chair and walked upstairs quickly. 

"Im not feeling well, I am going lie down," Gaston mumbled from the top of the staircase. 

Lefou heard the upstairs door close and stared at the staircase in confusion. 

'What was that all about?' Lefou asked himself and peered over at the rabbit. 'He could at least put this away', Lefou thought as he tossed the rabbit into the food storage box. 

4 Hours Later 

Lefou finished the last touches on his attire,  buttoning up his favorite red shirt. He took a final in the mirror before heading towards the front door. Just as Lefou turned the door knob and pulled the door open, a force stopped Lefou from opening the door fully.

"Lefou, wait," Gaston suddenly appeared behind Lefou, his left hand placed on the door. The taller man hovered over Lefou, not removing his hand. 

"G-gaston? What's going on?" Lefou asked hesitantly, not moving a muscle. 

"Don't go on this date. The thought of you going makes me sick to my stomach. I don't know why but I have a bad feeling about this. Perhaps this person is just trying to use you," Gaston suggested. 

"Tsk, that is ridiculous Gaston. It's just a stupid date, if they end up being arsehole I'll just come home," Lefou chuckled under his breath. 

Gaston felt his chest tighten. He slowly released his hand from the door and let it fall to his side. 

"You're right, I apologize my friend. You have fun," Gaston whispered as he walked towards the kitchen. He silently sat at the dining table, still keeping his back towards Lefou. 

Knock Knock

Lefou opened to door to see Stanley waiting for him with a bouquet of red roses.

"Hi handsome, shall we go?"