Chapter 13 - Dinner

Wow look at that, I've updated! Finally. You maybe wonder why there's a picture of Anna and Hans in this chapter, I didn't have a good dinner-ish pic so I just thought- Ah, corridor.
Unfortunately little Hansy were there but well who cares it's just a picture.
You can picture it's Eugene in a wig or something. With Punzie. In Anna's coronation dress.
Wait - I know! They're cosplaying!
I'm going to watch FROZEN FEVER soon and I'm sooo exited! Now there's only about seven chapters left and I'm so happy to be able to finish a story that is more than ten pages long for once ;p If you're following this story please like and comment, I'd like to know. Yep. (Maybe yep will be my wattpad always)

Before the dinner I walked up to Kristoff in the hallway.
"Kristoff," I said, "I have something to tell you."
He turned to me and I took a deep breath and nervously said: "The trolls... aren't who you think they are."
"I... I don't know what you mean," Kristoff replied.
"The trolls may have done something..."
"Get to the point, please."
"Your parents aren't dead."
Kristoff froze.
"I think the trolls did something, I don't know, but we can't trust them," I stuttered.
Kristoff laughed ironically, "How do you know that's true?" he asked incredulously.
"I found a document..."
"No," he cut off. "You're lying."
"No, Kristoff, listen..." I began, but went silent when Anna called for dinner. Kristoff and I stared at each other for a moment. Then he turned and walked away. I sighed and followed him to the dining room.

During the meal I glanced at Rapunzel, who was talking excitedly with Anna and Eugene. I didn't want to interrupt their conversation, so I stayed quiet, impatiently tapping my fingers against the table. But then I noticed Kristoff, who was looking very uncomfortable while eating his meal in total silence. Our eyes suddenly met and I hastily looked down at my plate. After picking up my knife and fork, I slowly started eating. The minutes flew by. I was now relieved that Anna and Rapunzel were talking or else there would have been an embarrassing silence. After growing more and more tense Kristoff abruptly stood up and left the room. Anna and I changed confused looks and when she did an attempt to stand up I stopped her by gently raising my hand and walked out after Kristoff.

When I walked out I found Kristoff standing in the corridor with his back towards me. I felt guilty about telling him so soon, precisely after Arendelle had thawed and everything. Kristoff turned around.
"Do you know who my parents are?" I hung down my head in response.
For a moment there was silence.
"Do you remember anything from when you came from the trolls?" I asked nervously.
Kristoff frowned. "You didn't answer my question," he said in a low voice.
"I thought you..."
Kristoff didn't give me a chance to finish the sentence. He looked at me challengingly: "Who are my paren..."
"I don't know!" I yelled out in desperation. I sighed and turned away from Kristoff.
'I'm so stupid,' I thought to myself. 'Again. I always make a mess of everything.' I heard a sobbing sound and turned around to see Kristoff sitting at the top of the stairs with his head in his palms.
I slowly walked up to him and he stood up, drying away his tears.
"I'm sorry" we both said simultaneously. Kristoff gave me a grave smile and laughed ironically. "I knew it. There's always something. Things were going great; my humble troll family, Arendelle and of course... Anna. Everything was perfect. Of course something bad was going to happen. The truth is, my whole life is a lie. Nobody loves me"
"But Anna..."
"Anna included. When we were travelling with my sled we had a conversation about Hans. She had a dreamy look in her face that I've never seen before.
"You don't mean that! What about Sven?"
"He's just a stupid reindeer."
I raised an eyebrow. Kristoff sighed deeply.
"Reindeers live for about fifteen years and Sven is fourteen."
"So he has only got..." I stopped talking. About one year left. I never knew Sven were so old. "But he must live longer, he's strong and healthy..."
An embarrassing silence followed.
"So there's something wrong with the trolls," Kristoff said slowly.
"I'm afraid so. We can talk about it tomorrow, we should go back now."
Kristoff nodded and we walked back into the dining room.

When we returned, Anna and Rapunzel were laughing hysterically, but Eugene looked rather misplaced.
"What's going on?" I asked with a small laughter.
"Oh, it's nothing," Rapunzel said between giggles.
Me and Kristoff sat down as the princesses laughter faded.
I stared down at my plate, my food was probably cold so I pushed it aside.
"So, what have you been talking about?" I asked.
"Multiple jokes about our lives and about a special guardian of yours," Anna replied.
I opened my mouth, astonished, "Wha... How did you...?"
"Punzie told me," Anna said with a grin. "She has known Jack for about three years by now."
I just gasped.
"And she also told me that you danced at the ball and that it's something going on between you two..."
I rolled my eyes and Anna laughed.
"This is sooo romantic!" she exclaimed. "Two cool spirits of winter together..."
"We're not together, Anna..."
"But you have a gigantic crush on him!"
"But oh, look at the time!" I said and looked at the clock. "It's nearly eleven!"
Anna's and Rapunzel's faces fell. "But, you'll stay here for the night, won't you?" Anna asked Rapunzel.
Rapunzel shook her head sadly.
"I'm sorry, but we really have to go back to Corona. We have to pack and will leave early in the morning. Right, Eugene?" she tapped Eugene on the shoulder, who lifted his head from the table and sleepily nodded.
"Okay," Anna said and hugged Rapunzel. "Next time, we will visit you."
"That would be wonderful," Rapunzel answered.

After Rapunzel and Eugene left Anna looked at Kristoff.
"Kristoff? Are you okay?" she asked gently, but Kristoff didn't answer.
"Elsa, why did he go out? What did you talk about?" Anna asked me.
"I think that the trolls aren't as good as they seem to be."
"What do you mean?"
"The trolls...kidnapped him, instead of taking care of him as he thought they did. His parents are probably still out there, and I'm trying to find them. But I'm still worried about what we should do with the trolls."
Anna stared shocked at me and Kristoff. "Are you serious?" she said with tears in her eyes. "But we must go to the trolls then, find out how they really are!" she said like it was the most obvious thing to do.
"What?" Me and Kristoff spurted out.
"No, never," Kristoff exclaimed.
"Do you know how dangerous it can be?" I said worriedly.
"I literally froze and nearly died, so, yes, things can be dangerous.
But we must find out the truth!" Anna said determined.
"You could get...hurt!" I said.
"Come on! Kristoff knows the area, and Sven too, who also can run really fast, and you have the most awesome powers...and I, well..."
"You're a real fighter," I said and smiled.
"Yeah! I could lead the group, together we'll be unstoppable."
"What do you say, Kristoff?" I asked.
"Ready for another adventure?" Anna coaxed.
Kristoff forced a smile. "I guess."