Chapter 11 - The ball

"Okay," I said facing the mirror, "How should I look like?"
Anna laughed. "I decided that two days ago!"
I waved my arms and created the normal and my first ice dress, but in a darker colour and a shorter and thicker cape.
I also added blue details on my arms. I had the double twisted bun that I had for my coronation, but a looser version this time.
"You look sooo beautiful, Elsa," Anna said.
"You look beautiful, too," I answered. Anna turned to the mirror and corrected her sunset-orange dress. It was long and had a brown ribbon tied at her waist. Her hair was pulled back in soft curls on her back.
"And do you know?" Anna said with a exited smile. "Me and Kristoff....we....we've kissed!! She did a little jump of exitement. "Woah..wow, Anna," I stuttered.
"I know, I know! He's so kind, and sweet. But let's go to the party, shall we?" Anna took my hans and we walked through the corridor that lead to the ballroom.
"Kristoff's already there.....Remember - Conceal it."
"What?"
"Just kidding!" Anna laughed and opened the ballroom door.

There was a warm light in the big ballroom. Music was playing and the guests danced and talked.
"May I present the royalties of Arendelle!" Kai announced and everyone turned. They was an appalause.
"Now, where is Kristoff?" I asked.
"Over there." Anna pointed at a blonde head in the crowd. She dragged me to him.
"Hi Kristoff!"
"Hi Anna, and um, your majesty." Kristoff said.
"Anna's closest friends should just call me Elsa, please," I answered.
"Okay, Elsa. Thank you for everything."
"Thank you, for saving the entire kingdom, including Anna, of course." I answered with a smile.
"Come on, let's go and dance," Anna said and they went out on the dance floor.
I walked to a table with drinks and more and looked across the ballroom.
A man and a woman both with short brown hair came against me and the woman curtisied, smiling at me.
"Your majesty, I'm princess Rapunzel of Corona, and this is my husband Eugene," she said and gestured against the man next to her, who was long and handsome. Rapunzel looked very much like Anna, but had green eyes and brown, strangely cut short brown hair. "It was our wedding your parents were going to, so we thought that coming to Arendelle would do good. Then, you know, this happened." She paused, brushing away a lock of her hair. "We should go back but I want to talk to you. We should get knowing each other better..." Rapunzel glanced at Eugene. "Because we're cousins!"
"We..we're cousins? How come that I didn't know that?"
Well, I was kidnapped by a witch who kept me in a tower for 18 years because of my once magical hair," Rapunzel said gesturing at her hair, "and you were locked up in your room all the time. And by the way, we are the same age!"
"Wow," I said chocked. I was really confused right now. "I might be rude, but can I be excused for a moment? I need to think through things."
"Of course, your majesty. A lot to take in right?" Rapunzel said with a disappointed smile.
"Indeed," I said and smiled warmly at her. The I started to make my way to the balcony.
I opened the balcony door and fresh air came flowing at me. I closed the door and the sounds from the ball disappeared. I rested my hands on the railing and breathed in the cool air as I looked at the little lights which came from the village. This really was a lot to take in - Rapunzel, Arendelle, Hans, Kristoff, Anna, Sven...
"Hello Elsie."
I quickly turned and saw Jack looking at me. He looked the same, as always, with grin on his face.
"Hi Jack," I said and smiled.
He quickly walked over to me and gave me a hug. I stepped a bit backwards in surprise. Unlike the others warmth, Jack's coldness was wonderfully nice.
"You have changed so much, Elsa," Jack said as he stepped back. "Arendelle's happy, I'm happy, you're happy."
I laughed and smiled at him. "Yeah, I guess so..."
We were silent for a while, and I straightened up a bit as I smoothed my hair. "I should return to the ball, I'm sure Anna wonders where I am."
"May I follow you inside?" Jack asked, putting down his staff.
"Yes, you may," I replied cheerfully.
We went back into the ballroom. "Gosh, It's warm in here," Jack said. I suddenly felt unsure about taking him to the ball. His clothes and his behaviour wasn't very...normal. I looked around. The others didn't even flinch at him - Right, he was invisible to them. I noticed Anna, who was very busy talking with Kristoff so I guessed she was fine. She waved a bit to me and I waved back. I turned back to Jack.
"May I?" He reached out his hand.
"You may." I giggled and took it. "I don't usually dance," I said as I placed my other hand on his shoulder.
"Neither do I." Jack laughed and we started dancing. It didn't take long before I lost the rhythm and stepped on his foot.
"I'm so sorry!" I blurted out, but Jack just laughed. "It's okay."
I blushed and found the rhythm again. I glanced at the others. They didn't seem to notice me so much. No, in fact they didn't notice us at all. Jack looked at me and said, "Do you wonder why the others can't see you?"
I nodded. "Can't they see me, or doesn't they want to disturb me?"
"Both of us are invisible."Jack answered.
"How come?"
Jack shrugged and whispered dramatically in my ear, "It's magic!" His scent sent shivers through my body.
"Just the aura of us is left," he continued," To keep the others away so they wont walk through us."
"Why did the others walk right through you before then?"
"Probably because you're a human," Jack answered. Then he whispered to me again, "It's magic!"
I laughed at him. He smirked at me. I smirked back.

The sky was pitch black as we went out on the balcony again to say goodbye.
"So, now when I know that you're okay, I don't need to come here anymore, except in the winters of course." Jack said and pulled me into a hug.
"Oh, right.." I said disappointed. I hadn't thought of that until now.
"Goodbye Elsa," Jack said and kissed me on the forehead.
"Bye," I said and he left.
I went back into the ballroom, where the guests were about to leave. Anna had just said goodbye to Kristoff when I came up to her. "Did you have a good time?" I asked her.
"Yeah, we had fun, we danced and stuff, but after a while we kind of ran out of things to talk about and it felt like awkward. Kristoff isn't good at, you know romantic stuff."
"Our you have been doing things too fast. If it doesn't fit between you, you can start by just being friends, right?"
"Maybe...But we have known each other for a long time, and we have been together since...a whole week after we met. Or maybe...five days or so."
I laughed. "Isn't that fast?"
Anna pursed her lips. "That's a big improvement from my last relationship."
"That's true."
Rapunzel and Eugene came to us again and said goodbye to us. Once again, like I had said to all the others, I apologized for cursing Arendelle and thanked them for staying extra long to go on the party. Not many had stayed to go on the ball. A monarch that first had frozen the kingdom and then invited them to stay an extra week to go on a ball there?
No thanks!
The ballroom was soon empty, and servants were starting to clean up after the party.
But before Rapunzel and Eugene left Rapunzel said secretly, "I know about you and Jack."
She left with a playful smirk and I just stood there, in shock.

2015 Oh my gosh everyone, happy new year! I was planning to publish it earlier but well...things happen.
Now it's named Queen of Winter instead(better) and has a new cover by HiccupxBerk (much better) and now the story of Frozen is in the past(the past is in the past).