Chapter 16 - A royal invitation

Short and kinda bad chapter, and it's going to take a while until the next update I think. I have to read the whole Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy series for school.(Don't include the new one)
But the next chapter will at least be longer and more exiting. It's a lot of things that I'm planning for to happen in the next chapter.

A scream pierces my ears and I sit up. It was Anna. I rush out of bed and out of the door, shouting her name in panic as I run down the corridor. The corridor is strangely cold, and blue light is reflecting on the walls. In front of me is the stairs, and I almost slip when I reach the steps. Below me is meters of thick ice, which soon will freeze the whole stair so I can't go down. From the hole that's quickly shrinking I hear Anna scream for help, and I throw myself out on the icy ground, towards the hole. The hole is starting to close, and I'm terrified not to reach it. When I'm almost there an even worse scream from Anna makes me stop and cry out in distress. Before the hole closes there's a horrifying crack from ice, bone, I don't know. But I do know that I can't save Anna, that she's lost. And that is because of me.

I woke up instantly, my fingers clutching the blanket as I curled into a ball and rested my head on my knees. Calm down, Elsa, it was just a dream, I tried to tell myself. Anna's save, alive, it was just a dream. I glanced up at the clock, it's was already 7.30 and time to get up. I took several deep breaths before I stood up and got dressed. Hang in there, Elsa.

I sat down at the breakfast table. I glanced up at Anna, looking happy and cheery, and well. I sighed in relief and smiled at her. She smiled back, but with a concerned expression she said, "Are you okay? You look pale. Like paler than pale." She took a bite of her sandwich. I reached for a piece of fruit and said tiredly, "I..had a nightmare." The word nightmare echoed in my mind, like it were there in the back of my head, a whisper in the shadows. Anna looked like she searched for words, but it was okay, I had nightmares every night. We had spent some days talking, and we both had bad memories left which scared us and gave us nightmares. But it was slowly getting better.
A servant came to me with a letter and I took it.
"Wait! No!" Anna shouted and took it from me, opening it.
"It's from the kingdom of Dun'Broch..." Anna mumbled. She continued reading, and I ate in silence until she looked up and said, "They're inviting us to visit their kingdom!"
"They are?"
"Yes, in Scotland..... Horse riding, nature, a ball, a castle....Can we go?"
I thought about it for a moment. I needed to take care of Arendelle and wasn't very social and was scared of ships but.....
I really wanted to get out of here.
"Of course we can go," I answered.
"Yaay, you're the best thanks!" She exclaimed and stood up. She kissed me on the forehead and said, "Gotta go."
"Wait- Where are you going?"
"Out."
"To Kristoff?" I asked with a smile. Anna's smile faded and she stopped in her steps.
"No, he's..he's not here."
I looked questioningly at her and she neared me again.
"He's out looking for his parents. They're said to be far away, in maybe another country. They moved after Kristoff disappeared and because they were anxious about our family's absence."
"How sad.." I said quietly, and added, this time louder, "I hope he finds them."
Anna nodded. "Well, I'll be off then."
"Alone?" I asked.
"Well, I didn't know if you wanted to come, so..."
"Oh, I can come along if you want me to."
"Really?" Anna said excitedly.
"Yes, I want to explore Arendelle, and get to know you better. Of course."
I stood up and continued, "I'll be here for you, Anna. I won't say no anymore, that's the past."
"Thank you, Elsa," Anna said quietly.
"Can I see the letter?" I asked and she gave the letter to me. I read it and looked up again. Anna was deep into her thoughts and I waved my hand in front of her.
"Oh, alright, we'll go." She said and laughed.
We went down the hall. The awkward silence probably made Anna speak again, "Can be buy sandwiches in town later? And visit the market. Oh yes the market."
I giggled and we continued discussing about what we should do. This was going to be a fun day.