Chapter 9 - No escape from the storm

I woke up with a ringing sound in my ears and I opened my eyes. I wasn't in my ice palace...
I was in the dungeons of Arendelle. Then it all came back to me - Hans, the guards, the chandelier. Hans had grabbed the guard's arm, causing him to release the arrow, and the arrow had cut off the part that was holding the chandelier up. I ran. The chandelier was split in a million pieces with a CRASH! And I was knocked unconsious.

I glanced up at the window and remembered the curse. But when I ran against it I was stopped. I looked at my hands which were stuck in big, heavy chains with cuffs that covered them - To keep my powers away of course. But had they made them now? I stepped over the chains and looked out through the window. The fjord was frozen, the ships were stuck in in and a thick layer of snow covered the ground.
"Oh no..." I whispered. "What have I done?"

Suddenly the door opened and Hans entered.
"Why did you bring me here?" I said and walked over to him.
"I couldn't just let them kill you." Hans said.
"But I'm a danger to Arendelle!" I exclaimed. "Get Anna."
"Anna has not returned."
I stayed silent.
"If you could just stop the winter, bring back summer...Please."
"Don't you see?" I looked at Hans. "I can't."
Hans looked devastated.
"You have to tell them to let me go!"
"I'll do what I can." Hans said and left the cell.

I spent half an hour in the cell waiting when I noticed that frost was spreading from the handcuffs. I heard voices from outside and tried to freeze off the chains. With a loud noise the stone wall fell and I succeeded to get off the handcuffs. Then I ran out, into the storm.

The storm was raging as I tried to find a way to the ice palace. The only thing I saw was snow clouds that blocked my sight. I had to get away from here, or I would make it even worse.
After a while Hans appeared.
"Elsa!" He cried. "You can't run from this!"
"Just take care of my sister!" I yelled. He could find her and I could return to my ice palace like nothing had happened. But then there was Arendelle...
"Your sister? She returned from the mountain, weak and cold! She said that you had froze her heart!"
"No..." I whispered. But she wasn't dead, right?
"I tried to save her but it was too late! Her skin was ice and her hair turned white!"
Too late? Too late for...
"YOUR SISTER IS DEAD! BECAUSE OF YOU."

My stomach turned, my head was exploding, my world was crashing. I felt myself falling, and when I collapsed on my knees the clouds disappeared and the snow froze in midair. The storm had stopped.
My Anna was dead. I couldn't believe it.
I heard that a sword was drawn behind me. So Hans was going to kill me. Go ahead.
All the pain and fear would go away.

Suddenly I heard steps.
"No!" someone screamed, it sounded like Anna. Could she still be alive? But then, a shatter, a freezing sound and someone fell to the ground. I quickly turned and saw Anna, but in a terrible way.
She was frozen - Not just frozen, her whole body was literally frozen. Like an ice sculpture.
"Anna!" I gasped in shock and got off my feet. "Anna, no, please..." I burst out in tears, hugging her.
The whole of Arendelle was silent, the only thing heard was my sobbing. Anna's other friends stood at the side.
I had lost eveything.