Chapter 4 - Queen Elsa

After months of planning my coronation was to take place the 15th of July. My birthday was actually on the 21th of December, but because the other royalties thought that it would be better on "a colourful sunny day" and that there were lots of planning to do that would be easier on the summer, the date was set later. If I could make the decisions I would set it on "a concealing snowy day." I had trained for months, and I was so nervous. What if my powers were revealed?

But the coronation went okay, I held my speech, I got coronated (without anyone seeing that I froze the sceptre and orb) and now it was only the coronation ball left.
"Queen Elsa of Arendelle!" Kai, a servant announced as I entered.
"Princess Anna of Arendelle!" Anna ran in with a goofy smile on her face, placed herself at the wrong place and waved to the crowd. I sighed. There was an applause and everyone went back to dancing and talking. I looked at Anna. She had a black and green summer dress and her strawberry-blonde hair was up in an advanced updo. It was about thirteen years since I had last saw her and she had grown so much, now 18 years old. I had to say something to her, but what could you say to your sister that you had shut out for a so long time? I forced myself to smile and simply said, "Hi."
Anna turned to me. "Hi..hi me?"
I nodded.
"Oh, .. Hi." she answered.
"You look beautiful."
"Thank you! You look beautifuller. I mean not fuller, you don't look fuller, just....more beautiful."
"Thank you," I said with a smile, a real one this time. "So, this is what a party looks like," I said as I looked over the big ballroom. "It's warmer than I thought," Anna said.
I inhaled a wonderful smell, asking, "And what is that amazing smell?"
"Chocolate!" we exclaimed at the same time and burst out laughing. I suddenly felt much happier when I talked to Anna. Just as she was about to say something more a duke of Weselton introduced himself and dragged Anna out on the dance floor. I laughed as I watched the duke, who was a terrible dancer. He looked like a chicken with the face of a monkey.
I thought I saw someone outside the window looking at me but I started talking to Anna who had returned from the dance. "This is so nice!" she said. "I wish it could be like this all the time."
"Me too," I said but noticed the white sling in her hair that was left from the accident. I suddenly remembered all the pain and sorrow from my childhood. It couldn't be like this. "But it can't."
"Why not..?"
"It just can't!" I said and turned away.
Anna sighed. "Excuse me for a minute," she said and walked away.
Why do I always make the wrong decisions?

The party went on, I talked to the guests, or simply stood in a corner. I thought about ending the party. It was like a weight was placed on my shoulders - A weight of sorrow, and fear.
After a while Anna came back again, happy again, with a young handsome prince next to her.
"Elsa! I mean, Queen." she curtsied and began, "May I present, Prince Hans of the Southern Isles."
I sighed. Here we go again.
"We would like.."Anna said,"Your blessing," Hans filled in, "To..Our marriage!"
I wasn't expecting that "Marriage?!" I gasped. Anna immediately started babbling about god knows what. Something about brothers staying here, so I quickly said,"Wait, slow down, no ones brothers are staying here, no one is getting married."
"Wait, what?" Anna said confused. Finally. That shut her up.
"May I talk to you, please?" I asked. "Alone?"
"No!" She exclaimed. It felt like my life was collapsing.
"Whatever you have to say, you can say to both of us!"
I gave up. "Fine," I sighed. "You can't marry a man you just met."
"You can, if it's true love!"
"Anna what do you know about true love.."
"More than you! All you know is how to shut people out!"
That's it. I couldn't do this anymore. "You asked for my blessing, and my answer is no. Now if you excuse me.."
Hans tried to say something but I immediately interrupted him, walked away and told the guards that the party was over and ordered them to close the gates. Anna tried to stop me, and accidentally pulled off one of my gloves.
"Give me back my glove!"
"Elsa please, please, I can't live like this anymore!" Anna exclaimed.
"Then leave." I turned away and walked against the door.
"What did I ever do to you?!" Anna cried behind me.
"Enough Anna..." I tried hard to conceal my powers.
No, why! Why do you shut me out?"Anna continued. "Why do you shut the world out?! What are you so afraid of?!"
"I SAID ENOUGH!"
With those words, the ice spread across the floor.