Chapter 10 - A new beginning

Just as I thought that everything was lost, the miracle happened. The ice was slowly melting...Anna was thawing!
"Anna!" I exclaimed and we hugged each other.
"You sacrificed your for me?"
"I love you," Anna said with a smile.
"An act of true love will thaw a frozen heart..."Kristoff mumbled.
"Love will thaw..." Then I understood everything.
"Love. Of course!" I exclaimed. I raised my arms and the fjord was starting to melt.
The snow swirled away from the streets and rooftops in Arendelle.
The sun was shining, and the woods and grass were beautifully green. Summer had returned.
"I knew you could do it." Anna smiled.
Now we noticed Hans, who was trying to get up from the deck on the ship that we were standing on.
Anna walked up to him.
"Anna?" Hans exclaimed with relief. "But she froze your heart."
"The only frozen heart around here is yours." Anna and paused. Hans looked disappointed. Then Anna punched him right in the face, and he fell out of the boat and into the water.
"Was that really fair, Anna?" I asked.
"He betrayed us all, that crook."
I couldn't help it but I felt a bit sorry for Hans.

After a day of paperwork I fell asleep very fast, and I was happy to be in Arendelle again. I woke up around 8 o'clock, and for the first time in thirteen years I didn't have nightmares. I yawned and stretched, walking up to the mirror. I brushed my hair and put it up in a loose bun. Then I put my hands on my shoulders and felt my powers stream through my body to create a beautiful snow dress with long sleeves.
When I went down to eat breakfast Anna was leaning over the table.
"Are you tired, Anna?" I said with a smile.
"Oh..yeah, a bit," she said and straightened up. I sat down and grabbed a piece of bread.
"Elsa?" Anna nervously said, and when I looked up she exclaimed, "I have a great idea!"
"Okay, what?"
"We could arrange a ball, a 'celebrate Arendelle-goodbye-party!"
I stared confused at her.
"Can you fix that, please?"
"It would be fun, but there's a lot to do. And I don't know what the others will say. I think they want to go home after all this, you know."
"I'll convince them. I can arrange the ball!"
"Okay, fine."
Anna smiled broadly. "When? Tomorrow?"
"Tomorrow?" I laughed as I started to eat. "No, maybe a week."
Anna's smile faded. "Of course there's a lot to do...I'll start right now!" she said and stood up.
"No, wait. You have to eat."
"I don't like porridge."
"Neither do I," I mouthed and smiled. "But eat some bread."
"Okay." Anna sat down again.
"So, who is that Reindeer-Guy?" I asked.
"You mean Kristoff? Ah, that's Kristoff. He helped me to find you. He also works in the ice business and has a reindeer called Sven...And did you know - He was raised by trolls!"
"What?"
"Yes, trolls, they first look like rocks, but then they transform into these little rock trolls. They are like a family. And the oldest one can do magic, and he's called.."
"Pabbie," I said.
"...Yes, Pabbie. How did you know?"
"I've met them before."
I told her about the accident, and about the last thirteen years.
"Wow...But I didn't understand that Frack Jost thing..."
"But he's a...." I gave up and simply said, "No, I'm just kidding!"
Anna laughed nervously. "Yeah, why would weird immortal guys exist..."
"About Kristoff," I said to change the subject.
"M-hm?"
He did a lot for the kingdom, so I'm going to name him.....Arendelle's official ice master and deliverer.
"That isn't a thing!" Anna laughed.
"Well, now it is."
"Okay, but can you fix a new sled for him too? We lost his in the mountains."
How could you lose a whole sled? Nevermind.
"Sled included," I said and stood up.
"Yes!"
"If you want a ball you should start planning now, right?"
"Oh, okay. Bye." Anna turned and left the room. I smiled and walked to my office to start working.

A week passed. When Anna and I weren't working we did fun things together, explored the kingdom and I got to know Kristoff more. After about three days some of the guests left, including Hans and the Duke of Weselton, who were both banned from the kingdom.

The kingdom of Arendelle were very happy and liked me as the Queen - But not everyone. I still heard whispers behind my back, people that called me witch or murderer. The duke of Weselton had also said that I'd killed his guards, which made the rumours ever worse. And the nightmares came back, waking me up sometimes.
But, well, you couldn't have everything.