3; y/n

i sped up as i got closer to the lake. i took off my shoes, and began to climb up the boulder ahead of me.

with all my strength, i pushed myself up to where the rock flattened. i took off my backpack and rested with my feet dangling off the edge.

i sighed and let the breeze pass through my hair. i then reached into my bag and took out my pre-calc folder. i opened it up and reviewed the paper that was handed out today.

news:
upcoming project. please review overall timeline on back of page.
partners are to be assigned in class thursday.
consider all past assessments, homework, class work, and notes from unit 4 to study.

i continued to examine the paper, reading any important information and searching for extra credit options. unfortunately, there was none.

tomorrow was also thursday, meaning i'll be assigned a partner, which i wasn't excited for. i prefer working alone. i focus better by myself, and i like being the one in control. on top of that, i didn't know anyone in that class. well, except for light- but hell, i barely even knew him.

i closed the folder and placed it to the left of me. looking up, i admired the view ahead:

the lake, which consisted of  a beautiful pattern of colors that reflected from the sky and land before it. the sand on the shore was also a perfect shade of caramel, which was less dirty than you'd expect.

then the pine trees, which surrounded the waters like a peninsula. i relaxed as my eyes followed the motion of them swaying back and forth, back and forth.

with my stare, i noticed the wind quicken, and jumped as i saw my folder fly off, onto the sand.

"fuck," i mumbled as i hurried down the rock. i put my shoes back on and ran onto the sand, searching for my work.

foraging for it, i crawled under a small space that rested under the boulder.

"got it," i said as i noticed a book which i assumed to be my folder. i stretched my arm, reaching for it until i finally got a grip and pulled it in.

but, i was confused when i realized it wasn't my folder that i got.

i examined the black notebook, and read the title outloud:

"death, note. huh?"

i opened the notebook and studied the first page.

how to use it: I

the human whose name is written in this note shall die.

i halted for a moment, and scoffed, "hah, what the fuck?" i shook my head and continued.

this note will not take effect unless the writer has the person's face in their mind when writing his/her name. therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.
if the cause of death is written within the next 40 seconds of writing the person's name, it will happen.
if the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack.
after writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds.

i got up and ruffled my black skirt, removing any dirt from the sand. i climbed my way back on the boulder, and flipped to the next page of the "death note."