15; light

i led misa to the stairs, following the faint knock i heard on the front door.

for the first time, i listened for it.

i stopped at the middle of the stair case, allowing a perfect space for me to conveniently see what would unfold as misa met y/n at the door.

"goodbye, light!"

misa exclaimed as she opened the front door.

just as i planned, y/n stood there.

i payed close attention to her face.

eyes widened.

soft wrinkles appeared on her forehead.

shoulders slightly rose.

posture stiffened.

finally, although much unneeded, misa's head slowly crooks towards me in confirmation.

hah.

i'm unsure if i should be amused, confused, cautious, or petrified.

misa continued out the door, bumping her shoulder into y/n's. she broke her trance, and met her eyes with mine.

"y/n, didn't know you'd be here so early. come in."

she stood there, gawking at me,

"it's 6pm."

the awkward, tense staring contest continued for around 10 seconds until she finally walked in, closing the door behind her. she followed me to my room.

as we entered, i felt the heaviness of her aura as her hand brushed mine, reaching to close the bedroom door.

she knows i know.

"shall we begin?" i muttered, sitting on my bed.

"i don't know,"

she remained standing,

"what now? are you gonna try to fuck me?"

i scoffed, "you wish."

she did not move, and kept her harsh stare locked onto me.

"y/n, i'm sorry- okay?"

no response.

"there's no way you didn't want it."

"light," y/n asserted, "the project."

i chuckled, "which project?"

she remained still, faking a confused expression.

"the one we, we're assigned? the only reason why i'm in your home?"

my lips curled. i extended my arm, reaching beneath my pillow. standing up, i grabbed the death note and slammed it onto my desk.

y/n's eyes traveled to the black book, then back to mine.

"what's that?"

i scoffed, "stop playing stupid, mino. isn't this what you wanted? a confession?"

i slowly paced closer to her.

"just another thing we have in common, right?"

i noticed her breath hitch.

"we have some bond, huh, y/n?"

she stepped back. her expression was blank. either she was entirely unaffected, or masked her true fear. how would she not be afraid? or at least nervous?

"sure thing, yagami. you're just going to confess your wickedness, and i'm going to automatically drop to my knees for you?"

embarrassingly, i remained silent. y/n wasn't done speaking. for the first time in what seemed to be forever, i was interested in what she needed to say.

she stepped closer, perplexing me by her bipolar movements.

"i'm not a ditzy blonde who'll bend over and listen to your commands. if those are the intentions within your little, 'confession,' think again, yagami. we both know i'm not stupid."

she was right. i knew she wasn't stupid. seduction usually goes a far way- but i should've figured that wouldn't be the case with y/n. i mean, does she even like boys? i've never seen her with one.

"then what, y/n? what now?"

she brushed past me and sat on my desk chair, looking up with those tainted, pure eyes of hers.

"what you're doing is wrong."

i returned her body language, sitting across from my bed, "what?"

"you're kira, light. be truthful."

i squinted my eyes, "i don't know what you're ta-"

she let out an exaggerated sigh, "light. you expect me to believe that anyone else would be doing this? who else? your puppet that you call a girlfriend? she's killing all these criminals? i know how many death notes are on this earth. i know you and misa both have one. let's put everything aside, and be truthful. i value honesty."

the way she said misa's name made me chuckle. i was doing anything i could to mask my slight anxiety. the one person who's aware of my killings hates me- or so i think she does.

she remained unphased by my laughter. she just sat there. like a statue. staring into my soul. for a moment, she actually left me unsure of what my next move was.

A/N:
I'm back from the dead don't worry! Dad has returned with the milk!

But all jokes aside, I wanted to make a quick note, and say that some details in my story probably won't be completely accurate to the anime. I'm trying my very best to keep it cannon, but it's been years since I've read or watched death note, so please be lenient lol.