8; light

i unnoticeably checked y/n out.

she wore a black crewneck, that seemed to be oversized.

it was folded up at the bottom, though, revealing her black leggings from the waist down.

the outfit was basic, and i could tell she didn't put much thought in it, but it fit her so perfectly.

the leggings sculpted her legs and bottom in such a tempting way. the fact that she effortlessly looked this divine was fascinating.

i can't deny the fact that she looked beyond appealing.

i took a glimpse of her face, and she didn't look very serene.

"i see you find some interest in her, but she looks scared." ryuk exclaimed.

as much as i wanted to scold ryuk for his first statement, she did look like she just saw a ghost:

wide eyes, and her bottom eyelid seemed tense.

her eyebrows were raised, revealing wrinkles on her forehead.

the color on her face was still pale, even worse than this morning.

"you can have a seat, no need to stand there." i said.

she locked eyes with me.

i returned the eye contact, which clearly agitated her. she instantly looked away and put her bag on the floor, sitting on the edge of my bed after.

"i- um, i believe he only gave us one novel to share, do you have it?" she asked. her voice sounded croaky, weak, even.

"mhm," i replied, foraging in my bag for the book.

i grabbed it, reading the title out loud:

"hamlet," i passed her the paperback book.

i watched as she skimmed through the pages.

she looked back up, still seeming distraught.

"should we start reading?"

i nodded, "i'll start," i attempted to take the book.

she moved it from my reach and frowned, "but i wanna read. you're a slow reader."

"no i'm not," i scowled, "he gave me that book, so i'm going to read."

she smirked, "too bad it's in my hands. so i'm reading."

i swiftly got up and strived to to snatch the book again, but she reacted in a quick matter and leaned back farther onto my bed, causing me to fall on top of her.

her breath hitched, as i felt her chest jerk.

the both of us froze for a moment, until i came back to my senses and pushed myself up.

"i'm still going to be the one reading," she goaded.

"i sense some chemistry," ryuk observed, "but i see you continue to deny it."

i rolled my eyes, annoyed by the both of them.

i sat next to her, but still leaving an awkward amount of inches distancing us.

she cleared her throat, and began reading the first lines.

my eyes followed her lips, perceiving the way she spoke and pronounced her words, noticing how refined her voice was.

i also didn't fail to note that she was still acting unusual. she didn't sound as confident as always:

although her talking held a steady flow, there was a distinguishable difference.

"are you sure you're fine," i interrupted, "you're acting weird."

"i'm," she faltered, "i'm fine. i'm great. why have you been asking me this for the past days? why do you suddenly care about my well being?"

i needed to find out what was bothering her.

my suspicion rose; she didn't seem sad, but rather uncomfortable, or maybe even scared of something.

i sighed, "because you don't seem yourself. you can tell me what's wrong, you know."

i despised being so kind to her, but i demanded that she spit it out.

she snickered, shaking her head.

"you're the last person i'd open up to, yagami."